inexpensive rental car

flamark

Registered
I have to fly into chicago midway in a week, then drive up to ludington michigan. I need to pick up a rental car at midway. Anybody know who has the best rates? Every once in a while I see people mention coupons you can get off the internet for different products and services. Anybody know if there are any for rental car companies.

RE: inexpensive rental car

I have always found enterprise has the best rates and best cars here in chicago

you should be able to get one from enterprise for about $25 a day. But that's for a POS.

Yeah, what I am hoping to do is find one of those double upgrade coupons. Get the junk rental rate and upgrade to one of thos high class cavaliers. Once I get there I wont be driving it any more. Gonna spend the weekend fishing and drinking, and eating, and drinking and did I mention drinking?

Hee hee. Drinking. mmmmm.

I prefer Avis. Last time I rented from Enterprise (which I have had numerous problems with in the past), they only seemed to have imports, and really, the upgrade I got was still a POS.

I'll take a look and see if I have any coupons when I get home, and I'll ask Hubby, too.

There is a Hertz Local Edition at the airport that I work at. You can get a Kia POS for $25/day unlimited miles.

I've got a coupon I could send you for one free weekend day from National Car Rental (requires 3 day minimum 4 day maximum rental with a Friday and Saturday overnight keep -- I totally do not understand why there's a maximum) or $15 off any car any day (rental of at least 3 days) for Alamo.

I have a couple of Avis coupons, but they say they are only good at the Highland Park location. If you want to try those somewhere else to see if they'll work, let me know and I can send you the coupons or info.

One trick we learned for busy metro airports - reserve a car early in the morning(before 8am) for a late afternoon, tell 'em 5pm. Wait for the evening rush to peak and show up, say 7pm. Chances are, the night shift made the reservation, the day shift sees the reservation on the computer and holds the car, and the poor evening shift honors your reservation by upgrading to a higher class 'cause all the other more affordable cars are gone.

thanks for all the help guys. I am gonna stop by AAA tomorrow and see if they have anything as well. I seem to remember herz having a double upgrade coupon in their last magazine. I find it so funny what they consider a full size car these days.

I had to rent a car last year while on a trip, and I made the reservation through AAA, though I can't remember which rental company. From their middle of the road compact, they had a AAA upgrade to a V8 Lincoln LS, complete with navigation system, for an additional $10/day. I didn't go for it, but later wished I had...

John
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

Just got back from the AAA office. They suck. Their price was $100.00 more than what I have found myself on the internet. That link was great. I think they have the best offers.

Drinking? Yea Bud I believe you did:

Pop one for me, and have a blast. If you want great fishing, hunting, etc.
Come up. Best to you, Fuz

Holy Mackerel!!! Didcha see the dates on those previous posts????

Maybe I should have said Holy Resurrection, Batman!

Back