I did it!!

Stone17

Registered
I am getting my CHL (Concealed Handgun License).For the written test I got a 93 (A-) and for the shooting test I got a 243 out of 250.

For the shooting we shot 50 bullets.
1st 20 bullets was a 7 yards.
2nd 20 bullets was a 10 yards.
3rd 10 bullets was a 15 yards.

100_0703.jpg

100_0702.jpg

Now I have to wait 3-6 months before I get my license.

Nice grouping!

Please be wary of the responsibility of carrying a handgun. I'm sure they taught that in class.

i am going to be attempting this same thing soon, my dad wants to renew his pistol permit and buy another gun and i am going with him for my pistol permit and also possibly a consealed. we're both gonna pick up a gun, he wants his again because my parents house was broken into today while we were all at my house having a cook out.

How much you lookin to spend? Sigs are nice if you dont mind the price. Down from that there's the XD which is awesome, if I had the money it'd be the subcompact of choice. Glock's which are commonly available used online. If youre looking for a protect yourself gun for just the house and NOT for carrying around, there's always the Mossberg Maverick (a mexican 500) which is cheap ($220) and awesome.

I havent shot one yet but I really liked the feel and trigger of the SKYY CPX1 which is a lot like some KelTec, I think the P9 or P11 I forget for sure though. Only problem is will the company be around? It is dirt cheap compared to the more reliable guns listed above.

my dad found a smith and wesson 38 special he really likes, i dont know guns well, all i need is something that will shoot straight and hurt someone if the need ever comes. i did shoot a glock once, again i dont know guns, i think it was a 45? all i know is the shell smashed me in the forehead and the slide on the top took a piece of meat out of my thumb knuckle because i was holding it wrong!!!

my dad found a smith and wesson 38 special he really likes, i dont know guns well, all i need is something that will shoot straight and hurt someone if the need ever comes. i did shoot a glock once, again i dont know guns, i think it was a 45? all i know is the shell smashed me in the forehead and the slide on the top took a piece of meat out of my thumb knuckle because i was holding it wrong!!!

I'd suggest running over potential bad guys. :)

Go to a gun range and rent some different guns. Don't get a revolver. When you are frightened and squeezing rounds off a heavy trigger pull will be bad news and every DA (short for dual action) revolver I've shot has had a very heavy trigger. You'll end up shooting whatever innocent person/thing is to the right or left of them.

Again I love springfields and if I could afford a decent CCW gun I'd get an XD45

If you don't know a lot about guns AND youre not going to practice with it often DO NOT GET A CCW OR A PISTOL. There is no point and shoot accurately pistol if you've never shot a gun before or aren't experienced with it. Don't get a gun and a CCW and shoot it once a year. Get a 18.5" barreled shotgun for $200, some buckshot to shoot intruders and some birdshot to practice and youre good to go. Point and shoot. Plus the sound is a very very good deterrent.

Last edited:
Back