Gen 1 HID housings, bulbs, and ballasts

Lux

Registered
I have a set of the well sought after HID housings, bulbs, and ballasts from a 95 LSC.

These will fit 93-96 Mark VIII's.

Both housings could use a nice polish. The chrome looks perfect on the driver side housing but will need to be replaced on the passenger side.

There are no cracks, broken mounting studs, or chips in either housing or lens. They are in perfect shape in that sense but as stated will need restoration to be back to "show" condition.

The ballasts are off my 97 and at least two perfectly working hid bulbs from a 98. (possibly 4 hid bulbs just have to test two of them)

Not sure what kind of price i should put on these so pm me what they are worth to you. If they dont sell by the end of the weekend im going to restore them and put them on ebay.

IMG_0012-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd entertain offers over 450 shipped for just the housings.

If i dont get at least that from the housings, i will restore them and then it will all end up on ebay seperately.

If you dont want them i'd appreciate you staying out of the thread.

There is no bulb dilemma, i have plenty of bulbs to get someone going off the bat OR they can use a conversion kit, not a big deal.

I even have a spare set of aluminum custom machined adapter rings for a gen 2, that could probably be made to work with these just have to check out how close they are.

They obviously wont bring less then before for numerous reasons.

Gen 1 headlights suck.

They make the car look sooooooooooooooooooo much better and newer.

You can see so much better with them.

and most gen 1 guys wish they had the lights, i know i wish i did. i was going to use them for my white car and sold it...i know all about the junk gen 1 headlights and how much these housings rock.

If you dont want them then i dont see a need for you to post in this thread.

I dont go in all your threads and say anything about anything, but i sure can if you want and i'm not alone when i say - mind your own unless your interested in purchasing.

Man does someone have an attitude or what? and not even a paying member. and personally i would not give him more then a 100$ on those as clouded as they are. And I also think that if your going to post in a free forum you have to expect to hear feedback of both bad and good and getting snotty is no way to make friends around here.

hummm, I like the housings but I just had Jamie redo mine for $80 + shipping=free because I sent them from work. It's hard to beat that. While I like the smooth look of the HID housings, refurbed base housings look nearly just as good. I'd give you $150 for them.

lol you can write anything you would like in any one of my threads. i was giving you advice to list them on ebay if you want top dollar because no one on here is going to buy those for what you want when they look the way they do, and YES there is a bulb dilema, about a 4 year ago obsolete dilema. and this is a free forum so if you dont want to hear feedback from anyone i suggest you dont start threads i wasnt harming your thread in anyway, i simply said from experience that if you want top dollar, list them on ebay, there are only a handful of people on this site compared to the billions on ebay, but dont take my advice, i was mearly trying to help you out mr. attitude problem.

i agree jamie. he will find some moron on ebay to pay 450 for them. then again i dont know? some one is selling brand new housings for 225 a piece on egay. why buy cloudy when i can have new for the same price?

I know what jamie was "trying" to do. Obviously i would get more loot for them if i were to put them on ebay, you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. The thing is, Im not trying to get rich off of some headlights. Thats why i listed them here and one other place before they go to ebay, so you guys can get first dibs on them. The Price to high? Then make an offer on them. You guys want a price then its to much when i've seen them go for double that. Obviously im going to throw out a high number and Even though they are cloudly and need redone, does that even matter? They are in perfect structual shape and really hard to come by. If you've gotten them for x amount of dollars or whatever, thats great for you. Not everyone always finds those deals. These are very nice lights when redone and its not that much work if you have a passion for our cars like most of us do. Take it apart, make it like new, and put it back together.

As for my Attitude problem. Well lets think about it - This hasnt been the first time and It seems and im not alone here, constantly when someone has something for sale on anyone of the lincoln boards jamie has something to say about it, good or bad. Doesnt matter, he feels a need to post about it. Yes, Its a Free public forum which is exactly why i can post i'd appreciate him staying out of my threads. The point is if you dont want something in a for sale thread then why go in and try to ruin it for the seller? I know for a fact he's done it to me and alot of other members, maybe he feels a need to tell people what parts are worth because he's taken so many of them apart or for whatever reason, i could care less.

You know what that does in a nutshell? It keeps all the board members not buying the parts because they think they are getting ripped off, the seller puts it on ebay because they need money for it which in turn raises all the prices and thats how you get high prices on used parts. I'm not here to make friends, i have friends. My life is not affected at all if someone on the internet doesnt like me because i'm standing up for myself and speaking my mind. I do have a life outside of the internet as well as on it. I'm well known on plenty of other boards to plenty of other different types of vehicles not just lincolns. I was the "jamie" of mark vii's for quite a while. I put a 5spd into blue lsc that i transformed to a blk/blk special edition clone. I've taken plenty of cars, trucks, and lincolns apart, even the special edition lsc and have sold things all over the world for all sorts of trucks, lincolns, motorcycles, and mustangs off all kinds of forums and auction sites and I still dont have a need to come voice my opinion in anyone elses for sale threads.

Perhaps i came off stern about as i wanted to make it clear that i dont find it necessary for his remarks saying "theres a bulb dilemma" and "you wont get nearly as much for them anymore" and whatever else his commentary may be. I have FOUR factory HID bulbs, gen 2 aluminum adapter rings, and there are tons of HID kits that will plug right in and work with our cars, so there is defintely not any sort of bulb dilemma. I've converted my 97 over, in fact that was the first thing that i did because i had one go out and wanted different color ranges of bulbs, something readily available. Its part of owning the cars, we all know this before we buy them and while we are owning them. Thats why you Make preperations for things like that.

With all that out of the way. If someone wants them great, if not, when i get around to it there will be a like new set for sale and some "moron" on ebay can pay me top dollar for it, that way everyones happy. I get more loot, you guys miss out, some "sucker" gets ripped off, and jamie cant comment on it.

Sounds like that idea is full of win for everyone...wait, maybe its only me that makes out on that.

Good advice, i'll just do that from now on with all the neat lincoln things i have stored away.

i agree jamie. he will find some moron on ebay to pay 450 for them. then again i dont know? some one is selling brand new housings for 225 a piece on egay. why buy cloudy when i can have new for the same price?

They arent selling brand new gen 1 hid housings for 225 a piece on ebay. Some people like the look, some poeple like to run hid's in hid housings, if you like the stock lights that are in like new or new shape, awesome. That doesnt mean someone else doesnt like the look of the HID housings that were only made for less then 2 years on a car that was only made for 4 years, that are near impossible to get 12 years later.

amen dude! i wont comment on anything here anymore, i dont mean to hurt people's feelings. good luck with whatever you decide to do with the lights.

Back