How do I fix this?

My door was doing that also, I bought some universal glue/cement/compound at Home Depot with some small C-clamps. I took the door panel off the car obviously. I applied the glue to the affected areas - then used the C-clamps to hold it down compressed as it should be. Then it dried perfect again...has been fine.

I'll have to dig up the glue that I used. I leaned away from hot-glue because it will soften again with heat, and of course in the hot summer sun the interior of our cars get rather hot.

Doug

I'll have to dig up the glue that I used. I leaned away from hot-glue because it will soften again with heat, and of course in the hot summer sun the interior of our cars get rather hot.

Doug

That would be verry helpfull thanks. :)

How did it come out?
Do you have any pics?

I thought abut that but I thought it would be too thick and notiseble

Unfortunately no pics, but it came out very well.

I never pulled the door panel. I only removed the switch plate. I used two sections of paint sticks and spring clamps after shaving some loose foam from the backside and applying the adhesive being careful not to get any on the outer surface. After leaving it sit overnight, the next day I removed the clamps and sticks and replaced the switch plate. Looked good as new. I've not really critiqued it lately but haven't noticed any deterioration.

i used 5 minute epoxy and clamps with springs

you just need glue and clamps. the more time you take and the more careful you are, the better it will look. I did it nice on my '94, back in the day. On the '93, I halfassed it, and it still looks just fine.

I half-arsed it on my 96 and it lasted for a few weeks. I ended up replacing the panels (they had other problems as well).

The clamp solution looks like the way to go.

Back