I'm not sure whether to be thrilled or depressed...

izackary

Registered
OK, after searching through autotrader for "nearby" Marks on a whim, I came across maybe the best specimen I've seen online other than that $30k example with 200-something miles. (Clicky!)

It has under 40k miles and looks to be in practically NEW condition for $7995. I'm told it is 100% rust-free and condensation-free. No word about the rear neon, but as many know there is (or was) an inexpensive solution for dead ballasts. The negative here is that I'm still unemployed and upside-down in my present loan, so I have no idea how I would (legitimately, mind you!) acquire this fine car! Where I am now, I could easily give up my AWD, and with the apparent condition of this car, I could also give up my reliable daily-driver. It needs to be in my driveway, but how?!

GRRRRR!!

That sucks, but if you can't afford then don't buy it. Maybe it will still be for sale when you get back on your feet.

I'm trying to get rid of one!! =) I don't think I'll be buying another mark any time soon unfortunately.

SON of a.....!

SON of a.....!

OK, so that car seems to have disappeared from autotrader. I hope the new owner finds his or her way here! :)

In the meantime, I just came across this posting tonight while scrounging for more clean lower-mileage 2nd-gen LSCs. I sent an email to try and see just how legit this car is... The way I figure, the seller is a kid who has no idea what he inherited, or it's a scam. I guess time will tell....

*sigh*

By the way, if it turns into a legit deal, I may try and send JAY toward his direction...*AHEM!* (Where's that kid been, anyways?)

Last edited:
I found out it is in fact a base model, but regardless, for that money it could be made into an LSC clone (or as close to one as I'd need), given a reasonable budget.

Yes, I'm picky! :D

Oh, by the way, this listing makes me feel all funny inside! :D

11912876075.260835466.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Maybe it's me, but those tires do look enormous, though. Makes me wonder if he still has the originals...

Maybe it's me, but those tires do look enormous, though. Makes me wonder if he still has the originals...

He probably still does, but they were rotted to hell. The car is ok, far from super nice, had it in my driveway two weeks ago :eek:

The only thing going for it is the low mileage. But that means this || much :confused:

Back