Bye bye Frosty

KStromberg

VIII looking for 8s

It's been a real blast with this car. Frosty is on her way to Indiana today to another Mark8 enthusiast. He will enjoy her a bit and give her a little TLC. There is even rumor that he might sell it to his buddy to get him into the crowd. So, it's staying in the family. I'm going to try to not cry like a little baby as it leaves today. This was my first MarkVIII and is what got me into this infatuation with such a fine example of an automobile.

Big Red has became a worthy replacement as I have decided to downsize my fleet. Honestly, I am a blue collar worker and I simply can't afford it all at this point. The shopping list for Big Red is ever growing. Next week, Big Red hits the exhaust shop and will be custom fitted with some BBK longtube headers and possibly some electric cutouts depending on price. Contrary to some people's advice, I have also decided that a 4200 stall is in the works for this car. I'm going to be ordering a custom pillar pod from Lotek and fitting it with a wideband o2, boost gauge, and meth gauge. I also plan to run a Scanguage on the car to monitor some other parameters, particularly TFTs. Then it will be off to the dyno. This will happen over the next few months and I hope to make some passes this fall. :)

Last edited:
Back