A Mark VIII part out party

one week??????? come on slacker, you even had help too lol. jeremi does taking then apart releive stress for you too, taking them apart is much more fun for me!

the fastest i have ever stripped one completely, down to a shell was 7 hours alone, but i had to, long story, but i wont ever take one apart that fast again, its a good way of getting really hurt, but i have the tools and space to strip them uber fast, usually i dont have the energy to strip them fast. i normally start one on a friday night after work and have it towed by sunday supper time. i would build one if i had the money to, i'd love to, would be cool to finally put one back together lol!

I wouldn't have it done without the help, that's for sure. Plus wifey serving food etc ... ;) good stuff !!!

When the wrecker came to pick it up, they asked where is the car. I wish I snapped a photo of what was left, definitely less than 800lbs of car, lol. :eek:
Bill spent couple hours on Sunday cutting the rockers out, hopefully they will get used on one of his cars after all this work. Safe enough for you ? :D

this is what i did to my 97 lsc, this was the hardest thing i think i ever did, on a friday it looked like this,
grey97022.jpg

and this was sunday... :(
iwillmissyou013.jpg

iwillmissyou014.jpg

this was the only mark i ever took apart that put a lump in my throat because it was mine!

Did you ever remove these parts from a Mark VIII before Jamie?:D

Attachments

• rock1.JPG
    rock1.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 0
  • rock2.JPG
    rock2.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 0
  • rock3.JPG
    rock3.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 0
I thought the body would collapse when we cut these out.

We had jack stands under the floorpan when we were cutting them out.

The floor never touched the jackstands, so we took them out when we were done.:)

yes bill i did remove a pair only once, exactly like those pictures, someone off one of these forums begged me for them, so i figured i'd be nice, we sold them cheap, but shipping them was more than i would have spent for rockers lol!

After cutting those things off, I think I would have rather paid that shipping too.:D

Last edited:
What do you mean ? Which taillight ? See my parts for sale post if you need anything.

Oh, and Bill you gotta be kidding. It wasn't all that difficult, you must be getting old or something :eek: :D :D :D

Oh, and Bill you gotta be kidding. It wasn't all that difficult, you must be getting old or something :eek: :D :D :D

Yeah, I'm getting old, plus I was still sore from crawling under my car getting the trans ready to pull the day before.

Hopefully I'll be crawling under the car again Saturday, putting the trans from that car into my car.:D

Back