Carlisle 2009

I hope Everyone has a safe, and fun time at Carlisle! :) Wish I could be there, but I will be in Detroit this weekend watching my youngest daughter graduate from high school this Friday. :)

First congrats!!! :D

Second, will you be sticking around for the Power Tour[ing] action...? :D

Sharon... what would you like babe? I swear I'll either get you a much better "real" cake, or a better "gag" cake... I mean the crazy green one was cool... but I think we can do better... :)

Somewhere there has got to be a cake that goes well with beer... :D

:D -J

I'm not sure, but it might be cheaper to register and park on the show field then try to park in a lot and then have to get a ticket to get in anyway... ?

If nothing else, it's way more convenient... why walk when you can drive... :D

Besides, if you're like me... you can only take so much "outside" time, and you don't like to be "outside" and anywhere where you can't see your car... :D

Nah I didn't, I wasn't sure if I was going our not until about 2 weeks ago. If you want to come see my car, it will be in the parking lot somewhere....

I'm also not an LOD paid member.

You don't have to be a paid member to join/park with us.:)

What they said. It really may be cheaper to register the car and park with us than to pay for parking and admission. And it's VERY convenient.

Weather update from weather.com: (temp hi/low, change of precip, high temp)

Fri
Jun 5

Showers

67°
52°

50%

67°F

Sat
Jun 6

Partly Cloudy

80°
59°

0%

80°F

Sun
Jun 7

Partly Cloudy

81°
62°

20%

81°F

First congrats!!! :D

Second, will you be sticking around for the Power Tour[ing] action...? :D

Thanks! :) It has been a busy year for me so far with my retirement after 30 years with IBM, my oldest daughter getting married this past Easter, and both Wendy's daughter, and my daughter graduating high school. :)

I was planning on a 3 day ATL-DET-ATL banzai run in the Mercedes, because Wendy and her kids are on a greater antilles cruise, and I am leaving the dog and cats with a friend through Saturday.

lol The last time I took The Mark on a trip to Detroit, the blower let go about 30 miles from home on the return to the ATL from DET. I still have some bad karma feelings, driving the Mark without a tow vehicle close behind. It has behaved itself since the third blower has been installed the beginning of this year, but I don't have a warm fuzzie just yet. :) So, I did not plan to take The Mark on this trip or the power tour. :eek:

I hope Everyone has a safe, and fun time at Carlisle! :) Wish I could be there, but I will be in Detroit this weekend watching my youngest daughter graduate from high school this Friday. :)

That means youll be in town for the power tour right?

Not that anyone on here really knows me, but I'll be there this year! First year! yay! Oh, and is there a prize for furthest drive? I think it's just under 16 hours from me. Anyone coming from further out?

Actually I think the guy (sorry i cant remember your name) from WI has a 20+ hr drive.

Hey Chris. No problem!

My trip according to Google:
Driving directions to Carlisle, PA
1,026 mi – about 16 hours 41 mins

It could be a toss-up!

Thanks Sharon! I'm desperately trying to get all of the loose ends tied up before I leave. It's the end of the school year here, so there's plenty to do.

Can't wait to see all you folks. this should be a great year!

Is there a prize for the shortest drive to Carlisle from HOME!????

Total Estimated Time: 2 hours 1 minute
Total Estimated Distance: 110.16 miles

Last edited:
That means youll be in town for the power tour right?

I wish I could hang around for the power tour next week. Metro Beach is my old stomping grounds, and I use to race sail boats there every Tuesday evening during the spring and fall. Brings back a lot of great memories. :)

But, unfortunately, I need to be back in ATL for the varmints - I mean inlaws lol :) that will be here on Sunday. :(

heh. suddenly it makes sense. I was wondering what you were congratulating me for! (Sorry, other Mike!)

I think it's $50 to register your car for the entire weekend without having pre-registered. That gets you in the event with the group on the fairgrounds with a co-pilot. You do not have to have your car judged if you don't want to.

It costs $10 per day per person for entry at the gate. Plus, the cheapest parking will be $5 and a long hike.

So unless it's a one day stop, it's definitely worth registering. Member or not, if you use "Lincolns of Distinction" as your club affiliation when you register, the club benefits from the number of people registering.

I hope to see you ON the showfield! ;)

What they said. It really may be cheaper to register the car and park with us than to pay for parking and admission. And it's VERY convenient.

How many "admissions" do you get for a registration? I have a total of 3 people with me.

Also do I need to get there as early as possible to ensure there is enough room for an additional Lincoln or how does that work?

Don't you love newbie questions?

BTW, I left today after work, drove 4 hours and booked a hotel for the night. So I'm almost there right? Only 12 hours left to go.

I think it's $50 to register your car for the entire weekend without having pre-registered. That gets you in the event with the group on the fairgrounds with a co-pilot. You do not have to have your car judged if you don't want to.

;)

Oh, I guess that answers my question of 2 people per registered car. I'll be at the show on Saturday and Sunday for sure. Maybe late Friday.

The closer parking will be a for sure plus. :)

How many "admissions" do you get for a registration? I have a total of 3 people with me.

Also do I need to get there as early as possible to ensure there is enough room for an additional Lincoln or how does that work?

Don't you love newbie questions?

BTW, I left today after work, drove 4 hours and booked a hotel for the night. So I'm almost there right? Only 12 hours left to go.

There will be plenty of space, we'll make sure you've got a spot :D
So... there will be 4 in your party correct?

Back