Hello from Monroe Center, IL

My name is John, and I just bought my '93 Mark a few weeks ago! The wife wanted a Town Car, but I fell in love with this Mark, even though it needs some 'love'! Had to install new rear brakes, and am in the process of installing new front calipers. I still need a driver's side mirror (pearl white), and the power antenna. I also have to go through the process of taking the headlight assemblies apart, and removing the (what used to be) chrome piece from the low-beam side, as even with Silverstar ZXE's, the low beams are pretty much non-existent! I also bought a set of cheap Chinese HID's (still waiting for it to come over on a slow boat!), and if I can get the headlight assemblies off, and repaired, I might try them.

I'm an owner/operator truck driver, and my wife works 45 miles away (one way), so I was glad that the Mark only had 68K on the clock! Her 2000 Grand Marquis had 162k, but was still running fine! But, she didn't want to drive it in another IL winter! I bought her an '02 Durango to drive ONLY on snowy days, as it only gets like 12 mpg!

So, I hope to get a lot of years out of this Mark. I love the insane acceleration, and the handling, but since this will be the wife's daily driver, I'm seriously considering a spring conversion. I know I probably instantly made some enemies here, but I don't want the bags to blow when she's driving back and forth to work.

Thank you for letting me into the group!

John

Back