Fellow Mark Owner In Need Of HELP!

Tripany

Registered
First off I want to say, thanks for checking out this post!

Ok everyone here's the scoop...

The Ghost is sick, he not starting. We've been fighting with fixing him for about a month. But that's not where I need the help. Well, it'd be nice but that's not what I'm asking for here today.

As most of you know I'm in the Points for Street Stock at Lonestar Raceway in Sealy, TX. Since the Ghost is sick, I missed running last weeks race. Good thing was the man that's on my tail in the points wasn't there. I'm pretty sure he's going to be there this Friday {9-26}. This is getting to be a VERY close race in the points. [link:www.lonestarraceway.com/html/street_stock_points.html|View Points HERE] We only have 5 more points races INCLUDING this Friday. I've been doing very well in this race and it's my FIRST full season and FIRST points race I've ever been in. And this past Friday was the FRIST race I've missed!! I'm not sure if everyone saw the post but, I WON on the 5th! [link:www.lincolnsclub.org/dcforum/DCForumID49/62.html|View post here]

We've been working day and night to get the Ghost "back on his feet" but it doesn't look he'll be up by race day.

So, what I'm asking is....

Is there any fellow Mark VIII owner out there in the Houston/San Antonio area would be willing to let me race their car this Friday?

I know this is ALOT to ask {and short notice as well}, but I'm in need of the help. I'd be willing to pay for you and another person to get into the track. Plus I would pay for the "Tech Card". I'd also be willing to {at the very least} help out with your fuel cost.

To tell you the truth I DO really hate to ask this... but I'm doing SO well, and I'd really like to hold onto my number 4 spot. Or at the very least, not let number 5 pass me by TOO much.

If anyone here is willing to help me out, PLEASE post a reply!

Or you can reach me at 713.478.1616

The gates at the Track open at 6pm, admission is only $5 this month. Kids 12 and under get in FREE.
Lone Star Raceway Park is located 7 miles west of Sealy on the South side of Interstate 10. Exit # 713 (Beckendorff Rd)

Track's Phone Number: 979.885.0731

Even if this doesn't seem like something you'd want to do, I'm inviting you come out maybe race or just hang out and have a good time!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

BTW: If something changes and by God's grace we get the Ghost moving... I WILL post the update here ASAP.

RE: Fellow Mark Owner In Need Of HELP!

I'm sorry to hear about The Ghost... Sorry I live In Tampa, But I wish you Good Luck!!!!

He's not starting... he turns over just won't start, he's has NO spark. You can take the spark plug boot off the coil and put your finger in there! NOTHING, no spark.

Now before 2 weeks ago, it was an "on and off" thing. Sometimes he would start, sometimes no start.

We've replaced:

Crank sensor, twice

Cam sensor, twice

Battery

We swaped computers. We put Tom's in the ghost, no start. But my computer worked in his car.

We swaped The EDIS. His to mine, just like with the computer and the same thing happened.

But get this... we got a new Ignition Switch, pluged it in, put the switch in "start" and nothing, put the switch back into "run" and burnt up the ground wire in the plug... Along with Tom's finger.

We tested the old Ingition Switch, it seems to be working fine.

We've done all kinda of little things, to no luck.

After 2 weeks stright of no start and racking our brains and bodys on fixing it... we sent him to the "Doctor" yesterday.

Doctor/Pro Mod Driver: Frankie "Mad Mad" Taylor
If there's ever anything that Tom and I can't do, Frankie can.
I'm just praying this isn't to difficult.

I only have 3 more days till Race Day.

Have you tried different coil packs?

And the way to check for spark is not by sticking your finger in the coil.

Unscrew the plug and pull it out of the hole.Insert it into the plug wire and hold it next to something grounded at the block.Key on and check for a spark to jump to the grounded metal.

You can call me at 702 203 4989 and we can try and figure it out.

And it's not likely but I have seen plugs that were so fouled that there seemed to be spark but it wasn't enough to fire the engine.

I fixed it, I fixed it!!

It was the VLCM (variable load control module)...

Thanks for all the kind words of support through this!!

THE GREY GHOST LIVES AGAIN!! :)

*pssssst* I ran a 9.51 @ 75.54mph in the 1/8 on friday night!!
With a 2.20 60foot on "road hugger" 245 street tires!!

It was about 65 degree's... I can't wait for a good 40 degree night to come around!

Back