Driveline enhancements

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
I took the weekend and elected to finally get some parts installed on the '96. :)

I installed the 4.10s from the Blue Flame into the white '96. I had rebuilt the traction-lock a while back adding extra clutches. I took the opportunity and picked up a new rear cover with girdle bracing manufactured by LPW. I had the opportunity to see Bill from Supercoupe Performance when we picked up the cover. While I happened to be there I picked up a set of poly differential mounts.

With the 4.10s I installed a new Dynotech aluminum driveshaft I had bought from a TCCoA member.

I also went and J-modded the transmission and updated the 2-3 accumulator and OD servo. While we had the tranny out we had a PI 3500 stall triple-disc torque converter installed. It too was a 'hand-me-down' from the '93. :D

Finished up the project with a set of fabricated braces for the front k-member - a custom install from Alan at DirtyDog Performance.

Topped it off with a new chip from Blue Oval Chips setup by Lonnie. :D

The new combo is a familiar one and I am very pleased all around. Too bad a couple deer decided to play tag on the way home. :(

Attachments

• mini-IMG00251-20090502-1359.jpg
    mini-IMG00251-20090502-1359.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG00252-20090502-2307.jpg
    mini-IMG00252-20090502-2307.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG00253-20090502-2307.jpg
    mini-IMG00253-20090502-2307.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • mini-IMG00254-20090502-2307.jpg
    mini-IMG00254-20090502-2307.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 0
LOL, these parts have been gathering dust for some time. I figured it was time to put them to good use. :)

One thing I did notice while working on the car was that the strut bushings need replaced. Besides that, the '96 is in very good shape. It was pleasurable working with unrusted fasteners.

I'm going to try and eventually run the car at the track and see what the actual improvement is. The last time out, it ran pretty much a 15 flat.

Sweet.

Sweet.

So the white car is going to be the new Blue Flame as she was the engineering test bed? Cant wait to see what casper is going to be like.
And also I want that rear diff cover. Yikes. :cool:

Last edited:
nice rebuild... i have so many parts laying around i don't know where to start. even worse i have lincolns with parts i need to steal laying around.

nice rebuild... i have so many parts laying around i don't know where to start. even worse i have lincolns with parts i need to steal laying around.

Got one of these on there in case you didn't notice.

Image0023.jpg

It also was a hand-me-down from the '93. Only now they sport a pair of shiny Magnaflows and mega-tips. And they are connected to the cats without the flanged downpipes.

96_tips.jpg

Lonnie, the chip is great! Can't wait to get it to the track and see what the real potential is! :D

I have seen that car in person and it was a great example of a gen 1 in excellent condition. Hopefully you will get the body damage fixed soon and get that beast out to the track. I'm gonna guess it will run low 14's with the 18's on it...

Back