water damage?

Mike P

c:enter
Staff member
Paid Member
I know there are a few areas of interest in the water getting into these cars but is this one typical?

There is water/dampness under my rear seat on the drivers side. Seems to have been there for a long time as the bolt to screw down seat is way rusted?

The drain tubes run from the sunroof area down through the c-pillar to the lower rear rocker panels. You can access them with the sunroof open and use a rubber tipped air nozzle and blow them out with compressed air.

There are also body plugs underneath the car that may be missing, but I don't think they are under the seat. I believe they are in the floorpans and trunk floor.

The drain tubes run from the sunroof area down through the c-pillar to the lower rear rocker panels. You can access them with the sunroof open and use a rubber tipped air nozzle and blow them out with compressed air.
will do, thanks

There are also body plugs underneath the car that may be missing, but I don't think they are under the seat. I believe they are in the floorpans and trunk floor.
u got pics, so I know what to look for?

I had a leak like that when I first bought my green Mark. The rear driver side carpet and under the seat was wet (no moon roof).

I took off the inside 1/4 trim peice and had a friend dribble water from a hose on the car starting from the bottom of the 1/4 and working up.

The water was coming in from the seam at the roof and 1/4 sail panel. I removed that little plastic strip that hides the seam and cleaned it out and sealed it with some black RTV silicone. No leak since.

the vents weren't clogged, thus the water on the floor but the driver side (affected side) plug was in backwards, would that do it? I pulled them boh and don't see why or how it allows water out but I put it in the right way now.

Those plugs aren't supposed to let water out. There's not supposed to be any water to let out there.

What vents? Where is the water coming from?

my assumption was that these two things were related

Back