Nyghtshayd Has Been HIT!!!

Nyghtshayd

Registered
I just come out of the trauma...:err-what?:
Last Wednesday Nyghtshayd got hit by a Stock, Ricer of all things! (I should talk, I own one too) At least the lady that hit me was cute. :D
Anyhow, I was making a left hand turn to get on the highway when I stopped for a pedestrian crossing the entrance. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the grey Honda Civic roll towards me, I thought "they're gonna stop or go around me" (...3...2...1...) BANG, she did neither.

My passenger 1/4 is rolled under and my right rear wheel is now cambered out...

:ttiwwp:
So I'll post some later.

No matter what, Im gonna repair Nyghtshayd. I can't bear the thought of junking or parting her out.

Lyfe Et Cetera.

Sorry about the bad news, man. Gees, our cars are being done in one right after the other...... and not of our own faults....

Wow, we're being targeted!

Good luck, I'm still recovering from my little trauma experience.

Sure glad to hear you're ok! Good thing you were watching out for the pedestrian too!!

Thanks everyone, Nyghtshayd always makes sure everyone around is safe.
The lady that hit us was just fine, I did go over and cheer he up. Poor thing was crying.
I got busy last night (playing Lego StarWars) and didn't take pics. I'll make an attempt again tonight.

I'm meeting with the adjuster this morning. I'm thinking:
-93 vehicle
-180k mi
-no lien
...Totaled...

If he does, Im gonna take the money and Run... to the bodyshop!

I do feel we're being targeted. The whole US of A is jealous of the absolute beauty of the MKVIII and seek to wipe us off the face of the Earth! It all started when they discontinued the series. And the conspiracy goes on from there!!!

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE TO STOP THEM!!! WHO'S WITH ME!

I know what you guys mean about being targeted, yesterday I was getting of the highway and was making a right turn from the center lane and as I made the turn this guy in a dodge ram that was to might right decides that he wants to get in my lane and never even looked in his mirror and missed me by about 1 1/2 in scared the cr*p out of me.

Here's what my baby looks like now...:frown:

Attachments

• PIC_0055.JPG
    PIC_0055.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PIC_0056.JPG
    PIC_0056.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
Well, the exterior damage doesn't look too bad... pop the body panels off and work 'em over with a sledgehammer (I've done it before, if you're careful, it works pretty well). I'm scared to see what the suspension and fuel tank / accessories look like, though. :-\

Poor Mark VIIIs. Neither of mine have ever gotten hit before (knock on wood), but the '97 suuuuure does like crapping out on me, though.

Good grief! :(

Definitely going to have some IRS suspension issues there. If you keep an eye on ebay, every great once in a while you can get an entire rear IRS assembly pretty cheap.

Ouch!! Well the important thing is that all involved are ok. Nyghtshayd can be fixed, as I and all here hope she will be. Good Luck.

Having had my Mark totalled out for nothing other than hail damage, I have a feeling that you have this in your future as well. Don't give up on the car, though, just do the buy-back and fix it back up.

I cannot imagine not having mine, at this point. It will have to quite literally be shredded before I'll give up on it.

Having had my Mark totalled out for nothing other than hail damage, I have a feeling that you have this in your future as well. Don't give up on the car, though, just do the buy-back and fix it back up.

I cannot imagine not having mine, at this point. It will have to quite literally be shredded before I'll give up on it.

My feelings exactly...

Is it possible that the camber has just been knocked out?
I took the wheel off to prepare and saw that the bend is at the CV joint.
I ask again, IS THIS JUST THE CAMBER or is damage to the shaft more likely?

Thanks folks!

You prob bent the rear upper control arm so you'll need a new one.

You don't just "knock out" camber like that. Prob get a new wheel bearing also. Mechanically not hard to fix... but you have prob about 2k in body work also.

Car is totalled for sure.

Back