Home Events Forums Lincoln Technology Rides Merchandise

Car of the Month
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New computer, help please with word/excel!

Thanks

Well, I don't tend to pick up viruses very often and when I do I spot them quickly. My issues stem from the tower being in a place that's rather dusty and full of pet hair, so it eventually just gives out and then I'm desperate to get a new computer and fast, lol. In fact, when I got the last one, they just phased out 7, and my only choice was 8, and I was not happy, so all is well, it's just a matter of setting it up to how I like it.

My last computer had become so unstable it froze when I downloaded 10 to it, so I guess this is a blessing? and Chris, let me know what keyboard is most similar to the G15 . My 6 key is hard to use and my shift on the right sticks. I don't especially use the G keys, but since I don't look at the keys when I'm typing, I hate switching keyboards as they all have a certain "feel" to them.

Thanks

Wish is saw this earlier, I liked 8, now have 10 and like it too. It's am open sourced operating system, there's always going to be security issues but they get fixed relatively quickly. As for antivirus,i use and pay for eset nod, it's highly rated, no annoying pop-up messages, it works in the background seamlessly and I highly recommend it. When I do PC repairs and upgrades I always turn people on to it. Windows has good native software but it's not enough.

I use the Microsoft suite and yes I paid for it, but it comes with cloud storage which is great when I'm doing school work on my iPad and can pull it up on my computer easily. Word and excel are free apps in iOS. Anyway, Sharon I have an old registered copy of office I could have given you but new is better. Sorry about that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike P For This Useful Post:

Trixie (11-08-2015)

Thanks

No worries Supermike, I was so anxious to get this going, and my searches weren't turning up anything, so I just got it, and now I have it for the life of this puter

I'll have to check out that antivirus. I've never paid for any, I used to disable Norton and McAffee, or whatever came with the computer and run others, but for some reason during 8.1, I had issues with antivirus softwares blocking other things, I forget what it was ... but actually I had relatively little trouble with viruses. I think the OS was my issue, I never did "get" 8, and 10 is much more intuitive for me.