clunking noise

About $55.00x2+shipping

I'll see, I guess.

Hahaha.. I bought a set for the Blue Flame but with the plans for a hub swap and DLF bushings, I guess I won't be needing them. So I'll save them for the '96. :)

Another thought crossed my mind. You may want to pull the rear seat back off or peel back the liner in the back of the trunk and investigate the X brace behind the rear seat. I've understood these may crack over time and maybe it could be broken and vibrating?
nope I recall it was fine when I took the seat off, its definitely coming strictly from the right side, I'm gonna pull everything off tomorrow and see what it is.

ok I used an air ratchet with no problems and I concocted my own remedy, we just added bushings to both sides of the mount, looks fine now and the left side was in good condition so I didn't change it.

this is the bushings we used, lets see if it lasts

1241729861.jpg

1241729859.jpg

Last edited:
ok I used an air ratchet with no problems and I concocted my own remedy, we just added bushings to both sides of the mount, looks fine now and the left side was in good condition so I didn't change it.

this is the bushings we used, lets see if it lasts

Depending on what your ride is like now, you may want to change the seemingly "ok" shock mount because it can look fine but still be busted.

You were supposed to burn out the old rubber from the OEM mount. See your other thread. ;)

i know I was but it didn't seem necessary and the torch was out of gas, so I couldn't. lol

I changed my lower ball joint today and guess what?!

it wasn't it, so its neither the caliper nor the lower ball joint, whats next? Its only when I turn real hard to the left, never to the right, only to the left. The ball joint was definitely bad though cause the steering wheel vibrations finally went away and most of the noise. But it still clunks somewhere up there

A loose sway bar center clamp will cause a ruckus. Those bolts tend to work themselves loose over time. Tighten those down and see if that helps.

have you changed the sway bar end links yet? And also i have a 96 with coil conversioin and have major clunking in the front except when i put mine on the rack at my work i can pull on the end links and hear them creak. also i can pull the strut rod inward which is not good so i would definitly look at those too cause they can be bad and look brand new just like mine

A loose sway bar center clamp will cause a ruckus. Those bolts tend to work themselves loose over time. Tighten those down and see if that helps.
do u or anyone have a picture of where this is or what it looks like?

have you changed the sway bar end links yet? And also i have a 96 with coil conversion and have major clunking in the front except when i put mine on the rack at my work i can pull on the end links and hear them creak. also i can pull the strut rod inward which is not good so i would definitely look at those too cause they can be bad and look brand new just like mine
I haven't changed any ends or bushings yet, We looked for an hour today and can't tell what it is, it clunks alot now though, stopping, going, right left, its definitely under there but wtf?

Back