tuners again

thegr81

Registered
I know this has been covered before now I have more details. When it comes to handheld tuners or plugin tuners basically if you're not a tuner the more things you can adjust on your own without having to actually have a tuner do it is more beneficial to you. Having said that and knowing without a doubt that Lonnie is probably the greatest mark VIII tuner out there just from sheer repetitive mountainousknowledge that he has can write a great tune for your car. Or someone at SCT or if one of the other companies can write a tune. Unfortunately as Mark 8 owners the tuners haven't caught up with our cars so they're not onl compatible list of vehicles so when ordering a tune you have to get a custom tune. This is where the rubber meets the road. When buying a custom tuneit's no doubt encrypted and if you change or go to modify anything else on your car you have to go back and have them change it by making a phone call or sending emails back and forth it's not going to get fixed right then at earliest maybe next day.I've argued with people on this and other chat rooms say that they allow you to adjust gear ratio, etc but no, only if you are on THE SUPPORTED VEHICLE LIST.will you be able to change anything but your socks,which you are not.on any tuners list except one and that is sniper. And even if you were some of those adjustments won't be made available unless your vehicle is 99 and newer. need to change your gear ratio your shift points your tire size things like that if you're on the supported list you can change them if your not you still have to go back to the custom tune and tweak it. Whether or not you'll have to pay to have that adjusted remains to be seen but I think the ability availability to be able to do it without having to call in to somebody to change it is a thousand times better hence the sniper Delta Force programmer. For anybody that would order a chip or get a programmer the basic tuning elements they take the same information the sniper programmer goes through with all the questions and write a performance tune for your parameters no matter what you do you can always go back and change your gear ratio change your shift firmness change your shift points yada yada yada. But when it comes to final all out performance as has been told me nothing beats a dyno tune. That should be the end all be all when you're done with everything the dyno tune until then if you were still going and building and you want it to her the sniper is the way to goas far as I can tell.
bottom line especially for entry-level people who haven't done a thing to their car but put gas in it who ask us for the first thing they can doto their marks a chip or tuner, yes great place to start but get one that will allow you to grow with the car and not have to go back and forth.the sniper programmer plug it in iadjust anything you want you can always go back and change it at 2 o'clock in the morning if you want to just because you can or get a mail order tune from someone you probably can get you five or 10 more horsepower and every time you do something to the car will be calling them to tweak out your tune...I'm just saying

Last edited:
Back