Getting Ready

budpytko

Registered
Washed and clay-bar'ed the Mark AND the F250 today !!! Started to get excited now... don't want my Mark to be the worse lookin' one there.......Zanio next!

Washed and clay-bar'ed the Mark AND the F250 today !!! Started to get excited now... don't want my Mark to be the worse lookin' one there.......Zanio next!

Don't worry about having the worst looking one. I can't wax the spots where the clearcoat is falling off! I'm gonna call it "natural" racing stripes!

Shh! don't tell my Mark. it doesn't know about the clay bar yet.

racing stripes, eh? I'm convinced!

OK...got the first coat of Zaino on before the weather moved in.... got a trip planned to upstate NY Mon - coming back Thursday.... gas mileage should go up....it's really SLICK!

I've heard a lot of good things about Zaino, but I don't know if I've ever seen a car with it before.

I've been getting ready for a few weeks now. I hope to be doing some of the fun waxing stuff this weekend.:D

I've heard a lot of good things about Zaino, but I don't know if I've ever seen a car with it before.

I've been getting ready for a few weeks now. I hope to be doing some of the fun waxing stuff this weekend.:D

My 98 has been treated with Zaino.

IMO it's ok, but if you keep the car inside, and clean as well as hand wash all it's life, any carnuba wax will do the same.

...if you keep the car inside, and clean as well as hand wash all it's life, any carnuba wax will do the same.

I believe the same way, but I do frequent the touchless car washes. I try to wax them once a year and Carlisle is a good reminder. :)

I believe the same way, but I do frequent the touchless car washes. I try to wax them once a year and Carlisle is a good reminder. :)

I'll be waxing in the next few days, too . . . will save the underhood work for the night before we leave for PA ;)

Heck, the weather has been so crummy here that I just got her out last week! Gotta get my jiggly brakes fixed before the trip . . . and oil changed . . . {sigh}

Rene I can't believe you don't change your own oil!!!!!!

Oh no, oil changes are Brad's department. I do "assist" as supervisor any time a car is up on a jack/jackstands, though . . . for safety ;)

We do washes and wax jobs together . . . two people with towels catch more drips than one! We'll be busy with wax on, wax off here shortly!

You MUST be talking about more than just a Mark - You can't hardly do a buff off wax wrong! So long as you use one of Leo's buffing pads! I can wash, wax AND polish the Mark AND the F250 in a day! Well, the first coat anyway.

No, it's really just this one car. I start with a wash and hand dry. Then I go home and take over the middle of the garage, with all the lights on. I do a full inspection of all the paint; part of this is sliding around on a creeper. I look for and repair any chips I find. Then I look for any tar or other goo that needs removed. Then I do the first/prep stage of wax. Remove that coat. Then I do the final wax. Remove that coat, and I'm done!

Now you see why it takes me all day?? :)

...I start with a wash and hand dry. Then I go home and take over the middle of the garage, with all the lights on. I do a full inspection of all the paint; part of this is sliding around on a creeper. I look for and repair any chips I find. Then I look for any tar or other goo that needs removed. Then I do the first/prep stage of wax. Remove that coat. Then I do the final wax. Remove that coat, and I'm done!

I wish I could get my wife to do that! LOL! :D

{ducks}

She's dedicated! I use the extensions on the sweeper for that one - haven't been inside the trunk myself.

You might be in trouble if Margaret sees this post . . . :D

Back