Bad luck

Oh, it's being fixed. The question is... will they be writing a check or loosing a customer.

I was with Farmers Ins. (for 22 years) I had an accident (my fault) Pulling out of a gas station the guy in front of me started to go, I looked and it was clear so I started. Well he had stopped. OOOPS!!! OK $450 Damage to his car, none to my truck (Gotta love that 1957 steel)
Anyway 2 years later Farmers wants to raise my rates by $700+ a year and tell me I should be glad they did not do it sooner.

Been with 21st cent. ever since. I recomend them, they have been good to me so far.

Last edited:
I think there is a lesson here for a lot of us who have our rides under insured by virtue of our upgrades, and general maiintainence that places them far above book value. I know I will be shopping this week as Whiner got molested slightly. Hope all goes well for you JP.

I think there is a lesson here for a lot of us who have our rides under insured by virtue of our upgrades, and general maiintainence that places them far above book value. I know I will be shopping this week as Whiner got molested slightly. Hope all goes well for you JP.

I got a document in writing from my insurance company that all customs mods will be reimbursed if my car gets totalled.

Suckers.

I've got around $5K in it and will be adding another $10K when I find work.

I'm so glad you'll be able to get it fixed! Last time I checked on this thread, it sounded pretty hopeless ;)

I dont know who to feel worse for...the deer, you, or the poor guy who adored that car so much before he sold it to you.

I guess we'll find out when he reads this thread.

JP...i can tell by your posting prowess that you have not lost your sense of humor.'

were there any decent pieces left for a nice Venison steak or 4?

deer..."oh, how cute".
NOPE...over-grown rats that destroy cars...that's what I see. Why do you think Santa grabbed a bunch of them to pull his sleigh? So the deer would hit the deer, not a cool car or truck...

4 legged bastids

Update...

Picked up a matching hood over the holiday weekend and delivered it and the car to the body shop Tuesday morning.

Stopped at the shop today and delivered the fender and header panel shipped from Jamie. The old fender was off, the new hood is on and looks to match so well they say it may not need painted. The front bumper was off getting painted to better see how it matches the hood. The rear bumper was getting prepped as well as the new door handle. The only parts I'm waiting on is the mirror and bumper emblem and I expect them anytime now.

If it misses Carlisle for some reason, it won't be because they didn't get a good start. :wave022:

i assume the fender and header made it without damage then!! i hate UPS and i really hate shipping fenders, UPS damages so much. shipping fenders make me cringe. i hold my breath till the customer gets them so i know if we have to put a damage claim in or not. get some pics up when you can, sounds like its getting done pretty quickly.

I only peeked at it, the packaging looked unmolested and I didn't get any frantic call from the shop... so I guess it's fine. Too bad it wasn't opal, they would've freaked. LOL

Thanks to Okiemark, I received the mirror today in fantastic shape. :wave022: I'll drop it off at the shop tomorrow. I may snap a couple pics of the progress while I'm there.

The only piece that hasn't panned out is the chrome "Lincoln" emblem for the front bumper. I couldn't find one on eBay and thought for sure I had one. But after searching and searching, all I can find is the "Mark VIII" emblem for the trunk lid. :(

why didnt you ask me for that too i have tons of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just fyi, its the same exact emblem that is on the trunk, the only difference is the two little posts on the backside of the emblem, the trunk one just sits on with tape, the front bumper has smaller posts with speed nuts on them, but the hardware store will have speed nuts to fit the posts on the back of the trunk " Lincoln " emblem.

Last edited:
why didnt you ask me for that too i have tons of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause I could've swore I had at least one! LOL!

Could you be so kind to flat rate Priority Mail me two or three??? Or even Fed Ex envelope? Name your price and I'll send a PayPal for your trouble.

The one I found was the "Mark VIII" trunk emblem. I need the "Lincoln" emblem. I wonder if "Mark VIII" would work on the front? Hmmmmm...

Last edited:
Noooooooooooooo! F'ing DEEER!

:( I hope you fix it up well JP!!!

Those HIDs are super hard to find.

Good to hear the rear bumper is finally getting painted!

Back