94 Green Mark VIII with 2 tone interior

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
You've all probably seen enough exterior shots of my cars.:D

I put a black carpet in my green car yesterday. I never liked the gray carpet that came with my Opal grey interior. I've already got the black seats, shifter, and I installed a black package tray yesterday too.

I have a black console, but I think that might look funny where it meets the grey dash. I may try it sometime, but for now, I just used the black carpet from the sides of the console.

I was a little worried about the carpet meeting the gray trim, but I think it looks better than it did before. I like the contrast.

Here's the before and after shots.
Sorry the photos are in different light, but it took me most of the day to do this.:D

Attachments

• Beforecarpet.jpg
    Beforecarpet.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Aftercarpet.jpg
    Aftercarpet.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
I think it looks great! :)

I also think the black console would be out of place. Looks good with the black carpet on the sides.

Thanks guys.

I've been driving it to work all week now. I still have a garbage bag as a floor mat.:D

I've never had a nice carpet in my cars before, I'm afraid to get it dirty now. I do have some nice black floor mats I'll put in this weekend when I get some time to clean them.

If someone doesn't care for the 2 tone, feel free to voice your opinion. I don't mind.:)

I still have the original interior parts, they are just not in very good shape (or they are in my red Mark).:D

Hey Bill I think that your setup looks great, gives the appearance that the seating area was carved out with the way the center counsel contrasts.

Back