MKS with ECO Boost at Milan

Aaawww man, makes me wish that I had the money for a new MKS. They really are gorgeous cars, and 13.9 second quarter miles? Hard to argue with...

I really love the look of that car, if I was into four doors i would want it. lol

And a 13.9 stock for such a heavy car is very impressive... Especially with the V6. The 60ft times must be very good

Sad that it's a wrong wheel drive 4 door. I'd rethink it if it was a 2 door RWD coupe. I highly doubt the 13 second model was AWD either.

I was just reading up about it, and wow. It uses a mechanical fuel pump that opporates up to 2,175 psi. The turbos are responsible for their own bank and the car makes 12psi of boost. And has a 6 speed auto transmission.

I don't get how this is any more fuel efficient than a V8 with 350hp though haha

I'm not real big into 4-doors either, but I could take one if it ran 13s. Provided, like JP said, the AWD model most likely won't do 13s, but since it's already got the turbos pushing 12psi of boost and the fuel pump can operate up to 2175psi, a good chunk of the work is already done. Imagine how easy it would be to push the AWD model into the 13s. Higher pressure fuel injectors would easily make a noticeable difference in the power, and I'm sure the engine can handle at least 1-2psi more as far as boost is concerned... Keep in mind, Ford most likely had to drop the boost well below what the engine can handle for warranty purposes. Provided, bumping them up to 15psi would most likely void the warranty, but not having a warranty is half the fun! :D

Last edited:
Provided, bumping them up to 15psi would most likely void the warranty, but not having a warranty is half the fun! :D

lol, i'm sure the turbos won't last as long though because I was thinking of basically doing the same thing to my moms audi 2.7T (to produce 380lb/ft of torque) and not tell her, but then I found out that the turbos won't last that long. they're suppose to last 150k miles I read though stock and i'm sure the motor is fitted with forged pistons ect... so an aftermarket turbo would be cooool

I am told that there is a 100 HP for the asking, but liability issues precluded the incorporation.

They have a mechanical fuel pump thats good for such a high pressure because it is direct injection. DI requires greater fuel pressures and thus the high pressure mechanical pump.

I'd love to have one, get a boost controller, and a tune and call it a day. Maybe spray some meth too.

They have a mechanical fuel pump thats good for such a high pressure because it is direct injection. DI requires greater fuel pressures and thus the high pressure mechanical pump.

Much like a diesel, I presume. Hopefully with less issues.

Nice motor. GM sourced trans. Friend at GM said a few things about the torque rating of that trans that makes me doubt that you're getting all of that power in every gear. But then again, every new car with reasonable power employs torque limiting of some sort to save the trans.

12-15 PSI out of a Turbo can last years, its a stock setting, its how you take care of them that matters. 10-12 PSI is stock setting on most turbos. Make sure you let the car idle for a while to cool off, highway speeds for long periods of time make them red hot. Its when you get to the 17-27+ PSI that really kills the turbos. :) The engines get better mileage because they are smaller and have a lower compression ratio than all NA cars, like 8:1 not 11:1 like some of the higher output cars out there without power adders.

60 foot times probably suck, because turbos really scream more on the top end. You might pull away from one off the line, but once they get rolling, theyll start really moving. I wonder if they launch like the old GMC Syclones, that would be a sight. then their 60 foot times will be real good.

Last edited:
The trans on ecoboost models have beefed up internals.

I hear that they are working on 400hp motors for 2011. Problem is they keep crackin exhaust manifolds and Ford doesnt want to pay out for ss manifolds.

Back