What do you guys think?

viiiball

Registered
Well as I assume most of you know as of late I have had a few problems with my car,It is a pretty clean 1995 mark,its paid for and it just turned 150K on the odo.,it has the usual wear and tear of a highway driven 150k car,I started a few mods last year(magnaflows,K&N filter)and wanting to beef up this year (financially my life has finally turned around)any way It needs front struts.tranny pan leak(easy fix)just little annoying things.I don't really have time to work on these things (I spend about 50-55 hours @ work,and have a 3 year old)mechanics are getting expensive and it would be nice to have a car covered by a factory warranty. I LOVE the Mark VIII and especially my Mark.Just for giggles i strolled to a couple Ford and Lincoln dealerships(mistake)
Now I am thinking about a 2001 LS8(Black and sweet)or a Black Mustang Bullitt(a totally differant animal from the Lincoln).
I am leaning toward the LS,Because of my love for Lincolns and I have had a few Mustangs and with the boy a 4 door would be nice.
But I am having a very very hard time parting with the Mark.A lot of you are saying "Hell, if it is paid for just keep her"Well I can't I don't have the space the wife don't want her and it would end up as one of those project cars that never gets finished and eventually parted out in 20 years.
So what mods would be available for the LS,if I was going to do the terrible thing and trade the Mark,or would I be making a horrible mistake and just keep the real hot rod Lincoln.I know it sounds like my mind is made up,but I can be swayed easily.LOL
also you guys might say move up to a 97-98 Mark.thought of that too!but I don't want a re run of the air strut show(Having to replace)well thats about it please post your thought and I will keep you posted.thanks for listening
Jeff

RE: What do you guys think?

I don't really have time to work on these things ...

That's the catch. My complaint isn't so much not having time to work on it as not having time to enjoy it.;)

I bought my '93 in 2000 and it was the daily driver for two years. I've had very little problems, considering the age and mileage relative to other vehicles I've owned. I couldn't part with it(nor could I stand anyone else driving it). So I bought the wife the Sable for a daily driver. Of course, I have two sons who both live at home, and the youngest has his learner's permit. Hence the beater Mark... the '91 LSC. I drive a company pickup, and for insurance reasons we still have the old Buick(which no one drives anymore). I need a bigger driveway.:)

But I look forward to drive the Mark VIII when I can and yes, I even look forward to working on it. I've looked at other vehicles, but I summed it up best talking to a salesman one day, "If they still made those..."(pointing at my Mark VIII sitting nearby), "I'd buy one in a minute!"

I think keep the Mark and those little things fixed,
Or buy a lower milage one and swap out your new parts,
then sell the Mark.
This is a hell of a lot cheaper then getting an LS or Mustang.

I say keep it. I hate the look of the new mustangs (can't wait for the 2005's to come out, I might have to buy one of those!)and the only reason I would ever buy an LS was if FoMoCo finally got their act together and mated a 5-spd to the V8.

You might be surprised how a nice low-mileage 97-98 Mark would be to own. It’s a big difference, and its much cheaper then the LS. 13K at most would get you a nice 98 with low30's in mileage. So I say look around for a few low-mileage 98's, before you drop the ball on a new LS.

(1000th POST!)

Congrats Moe, and what...................No Speech? {Not like you?}

Congrats Moe, and what...................No Speech? {Not like you?}

I wanted to post a thread just for that, but I have read many who did not like reading that, so I refrained. However, if you want one Sandy, just give me the word.

Thanks!!! A have a dozen left to go.

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated.went back today and drove the 01 LS8,not too impressed actually,well i thought it over and hey,if I replace the front struts and fix these little things i bet i could get another 150k outta her or enough miles that i could save up and buy a crate MarkVIII or 96-98 Cobra motor and transfer all my mods now to it ,My body is rust free and pretty straight (a couple parking lot dings is all)And my interior is perfect except for a little wear on the front buckets,and for a fairly decent price I could get them recovered,the rear seats look like they were never sat in!So in the long run it would be cheaper and most of all more FUN to keep my Mark.Please keep the messages coming to let me know I have done the right thing!

i could save up and buy a crate MarkVIII or 96-98 Cobra motor and transfer all my mods now to it

Isn't a crate Mark VIII motor the same as a 96 cobra ?

So in the long run it would be cheaper and most of all more FUN to keep my Mark.

I agree. Consider the parts you replace and other work as an opportunity to upgrade your Mark. In other words, don't just fix it, make it better. And, BTW it will still be cheaper!:)

Back