2009 Carlisle Events

MERCURY MONTEGO GT REUNION
WOW! What a history!

Montego GT reunion for Carlisle in 2009. This car was only made in 1972 and 1973. It is very unique and very rare. There is a website and a registry that has about 150 members. They will be taking over Building Y and hosting a Reunion. The reunion is open to all Montego GT vehicles and those that love them. We’re not sure how many exist yet today. We’re hoping to bring some of these rare cars out of hiding and assemble them at the All-Ford Nationals. This will allow some of our Mercury fans to share the limelight along with the legions of loyal enthusiasts cheering the Blue Oval and FOMOCO.

Register Today!

A friend of mine had a GT back in the days. That was a nice car. 2 door, rear wheel drive, a bit luxurious, but kind of fast for it's day (sounds a little like the Mark VIII.:D).

The engine froze up when the previous owner used pure water as coolant. A chunk of iron broke away from the block and my freind sealed it up with some Marine Tex.

It ran great for years.:D

50TH Anniversary - ALL 1959 Fords, Lincolns & Mercurys
1959 saw the end of production of some very special vehicles.

Many models were changed drastically after this model year virtually causing the death of certain vehicles, like cars with retractable hardtops, Skyliners. These special cars are affectionately known as “Retractables”. After the success of the Shoe Box era, Ford & Lincoln-Mercury made many changes to their product lines resulting in some truly unique one-of-a-kind vehicles that remain popular and highly collectable today. Our display of 1959 FOMOCO production vehicles will focus on the retractable Skyliners. If you have a Skyliner retractable, please join us and honor some very cool and special vehicles.

Register Today!

LINSEY WEENK
Monster Jam Driver of the Built Ford Tough Blue Thunder

Look for Ford truck racer Linsey Weenk on the Midway along with the Built Ford Tough Blue Thunder monster truck. Linsey will be happy to share his recent experience racing the new Ford Raptor at BITD Terrible Town 250. Linsey will will meet with fans and sign autographs throughout the weekend.

Register Today!

AUTOCROSS – SUNDAY
Hosted by SCCA Susquehanna Region and Appalachian Sports Car Club

The Susquehanna Region of the SCCA and its chapter club, the Appalachian Sports Car Club will host autocross on Sunday at 10am. Each participant will get three runs of three-laps against the clock. Instructors will be available to help you explore new levels of performance for you and your car. Registration is required at the SCCA tent, next to the track. The charge for each entry is $20. Participants must be at least 18 years old and have a current driver’s license. For complete details, visit the SCCA tent at the All-Ford Nationals.

Register Today!

OMG OMG OMG...

How much fun would autocrossing DTSax Escobar be... :D :D :D

We could see which is faster, the Caddy or the TC... :D

:D -J

Is that a challenge? :rolleyes:

Like you would be up at 10 am. LOL :D

I'm seriously considering running. Too bad the Blue Flame is out of commission. :eek:

Well...maybe someone can drive my car? I don't have upgraded swaybars, but I won't be able to drive like that by then. I was told I could get a new swaybar, but I doubt we have time for everything before Carlisle.

DRAG RACE 101
Have a burning passion to acquire a greater knowledge of drag racing?

Our seminars on drag racing for those interested in taking a trip down the 1320 will be packed! The newly renovated Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way (formerly South Mountain Dragway) is 660 feet, or a one-eighth mile track. This program is for first-timers as well as those with the burning passion to acquire a greater knowledge of drag racing techniques. Conducting the seminars will be a collection of drag racing’s most notable stars. They will teach the tricks of the trade they have perfected over the years of storied competition. It all starts on the Carlisle Events fairgrounds with a “chalkboard” explanation of some the terms, tricks and techniques required to have a good drag racing experience. Learning how to be competitive, for those with that goal, was offered as well. Following the “chalkboard” session, a “Trip to the Track” where the stars will share their tricks and techniques of drag racing on the racing surface. Exhibition passes made by the “great ones” in some the actual surviving drag cars from yesteryear may happen as in past years. Many enthusiasts will hop into their own vehicles and make their trip down the track more fun and enjoyable. Who knows, some of you may actually take home a trophy.

You can still Register!!!

Axcelerated Motorsports: Dyno Dale The Carlisle Dyno Guy!
Test your horsepower

Dyno Dale will be here and will be very, very busy throughout the weekend. Axcelerated Motorsports is the official dyno of Carlisle Events and frequents all Carlisle car and truck shows throughout the season. Axcelerated provides mobile dyno tuning for cars and trucks using their Dynojet 248 chassis dynamometer. Next time you’re here, find out how much horsepower your car or truck really has! Their wide band O2 monitoring will determine if all that precious fuel is making power or just being wasted out the tailpipes.

Attention Clubs! Coming early or staying late? Club rates may apply for off peak hours at the events. A minimum number of cars may be required. Availability varies by event.

For more information, please contact the Carlisle Dyno Guy at 215.297.8139 or dale@axceleratedmotorsports.com

Does anyone know, or can anyone post the area where we are located? I tried to find it on the Carlisle site, but was not sucessful......

Activities Corner
There was fun and excitement near the stage…

The Carlisle shows are always exciting and for the All-Ford Nationals (and all the other shows as well) we turn up the heat with the Activities Corner. Centered close to the main stage, we have our very popular “regular” features. They included a very large Manufacturers Midway, swap meet, awesome food vendors, Carlisle Beauty Contest and the Carlisle Burnout Contest. Not to forget a rock crawling display that will draw many onlookers thinking about taking a chance at the rocks with their vehicle. Many will actually attempt the Crawl with some very interesting, and at times funny circumstances. Suffice it to say, the All-Ford Nationals was one very busy place over the weekend. Plan to be here June 5-7, 2009 for your chance to share that fun with lots of Blue Oval fans & enthusiasts. See ya then!

DRAG RACE 101
Have a burning passion to acquire a greater knowledge of drag racing?

Our seminars on drag racing for those interested in taking a trip down the 1320 will be packed! The newly renovated Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way (formerly South Mountain Dragway) is 660 feet, or a one-eighth mile track. This program is for first-timers as well as those with the burning passion to acquire a greater knowledge of drag racing techniques. Conducting the seminars will be a collection of drag racing’s most notable stars. They will teach the tricks of the trade they have perfected over the years of storied competition. It all starts on the Carlisle Events fairgrounds with a “chalkboard” explanation of some the terms, tricks and techniques required to have a good drag racing experience. Learning how to be competitive, for those with that goal, was offered as well. Following the “chalkboard” session, a “Trip to the Track” where the stars will share their tricks and techniques of drag racing on the racing surface. Exhibition passes made by the “great ones” in some the actual surviving drag cars from yesteryear may happen as in past years. Many enthusiasts will hop into their own vehicles and make their trip down the track more fun and enjoyable. Who knows, some of you may actually take home a trophy.

hmmm... technique you say... let's see...
turn off traction control - check
grip steering wheel firmly with both hands - check
stand on gas pedal @ 2nd yellow light - check
let 255 front tires struggle to bite for traction as large black cadillac hustles it's big a$$ down the track... :D

I may have missed turn off A/C...
but if it's damn near 100 like that day @ the track in Wisconsin,
I'm sorry, comfort wins... :D

Awards Parade
Join Us on Sunday to Honor Winning Vehicles

Awards are presented Sunday at 1:00 PM during the Awards Parade. If you cannot attend the parade, your award can be picked up Sunday between 9:00-11:00 AM. Carlisle Events will no longer provide shipping of awards at no cost. After the show you may pick up your award during regular business hours at the fairgrounds or pay $10 per award for shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope you will join Carlisle Events on Sunday in celebrating the vehicles that are honored as winners.

hmmm... technique you say... let's see...
turn off traction control - check
grip steering wheel firmly with both hands - check
stand on gas pedal @ 2nd yellow light - check
let 255 front tires struggle to bite for traction as large black cadillac hustles it's big a$$ down the track... :D

I may have missed turn off A/C...
but if it's damn near 100 like that day @ the track in Wisconsin,
I'm sorry, comfort wins... :D

Don't worry - step 4 will shut down the compressor..... oh yeah, turn off Cruise control!

Back