Post Carlisle

BadSax

enjoys 3 martini lunches
Ok, so the bad news is that after 4 years of dedicated service to my school, I have been "non-renewed" for next year...

The good news, is that I have way more sic days then there are days of school left so I will be taking off the entire week after Carlisle.

This means that I will be free to go Power Tour[ing] and whatever else is happening...

So, the question is... what is going on 'post Carlisle'?

:D -J

Sorry to hear you're not being renewed! Don't forget to take your fake potted tree with you when you leave!

I plan to head home, as I have to work on Tuesday. However, if you've ever wanted to visit beautiful Wisconsin/Minnesota (I'm very near Minneapolis/St. Paul) you're welcome to follow, and crash here for a few days.

I'm not sure when we'll be leaving Carlisle, Sunday afternoon after the give-a-way drawing or Monday morning.

We plan on a stop-over at home after Carlisle (enough to do laundry or go shopping for clothes, LOL) and drop off the kids and a couple vehicles before the Mrs. and I head out to Detroit for Tuesday. We need to be in Detroit to register for the Power Tour sometime between 12 noon and 6 PM, closer to 12 preferred. If you want to hang with us, you know you're welcome anytime. :)

They have moved the Detroit venue from the GM Tech center to MetroPark.

From there it will be on to Dayton, OH (Wednesday) to Somerset, KY (Thursday) to Bristol, VA (Friday). We plan to head back to WV on Saturday, but we may stop along the way instead of driving non-stop back home.

Man the Power Tour sounds like fun, unfortunately I've gotta be back at work at 5:30am Tuesday, too. :(

It does suck, but it's probably a blessing in a not too subtle disguise... :D

I am the 1 music teacher for, right now a little under 900 kids, grades 1-8, so I have 39 individual classes, see 7 grades a day, 8 grades overall, 4 in the morning back to back, and then 3 after lunch back to back with no breaks... Next years schedule is going to be even worse because kindergarten is being added, it would be 44 classes, back to almost 1000 kids, and 5 AM classes, 3 PM classes, 9 levels. Plus the school "week" would go from 6 days, to 5... so the class sizes will go back up to 30+...

I can't get to Carlisle any earlier because the first Friday of June is always field day, and since I've been canned, I've decided that it's going to be the best field day ever... I'm therefore getting to school around 5:30 that morning to put 4400 watts of pure sound goodness on the roof of the building... :D

Cause I'm a big fan of loud, and sometimes little kids need to rock too... :D

Anyway, I'm thinking Power Tour[ing] sounds fun, and unless I can talk JP into diverting to Chicago... hint hint... I'll probably follow the tour plan :D

What Metropark in Detroit JP?

I have Monday off, people are welcome to stop by here if they are near Detroit.

Joe, I've got a spare room if you need it.

You go show those kids a good time! That's a fantastic idea.

The music teacher in my district appears to have a similar schedule. 16 schools, two per day, I believe. I don't know how she does it. You both have my respect.

We really need to come up with a sound system for the tent, don't we. We could have DJ BadSax, Rockin' the house.

:D Sorry about that letter to your local board of education, but I felt that teaching the kids music appreciation by telling them to drop acid, drink, watch the wizard of oz with the TV volume off and playing dark side of the moon was inappropriate. Have fun at Carlisle, i am going to miss you guys this year. :frown:

Bill,
Power Tour has been moved to Metro Beach about 3 miles east of I-94 and MetroParkway (16 Mile) exit.

I work at the GM Tech Center and was looking forward to the tour stopping by, I will have to stop by Metro Beach in the afternoon to check it out.

:D Sorry about that letter to your local board of education, but I felt that teaching the kids music appreciation by telling them to drop acid, drink, watch the wizard of oz with the TV volume off and playing dark side of the moon was inappropriate. Have fun at Carlisle, i am going to miss you guys this year. :frown:

We're going to miss you too... :(

and I swear I actually make the little kids listen to Great Gig In The Sky, and then describe what they heard and what the song made them imagine... they always giggle when Clare Torry starts yelling... :D

Bill... thank you so much, I may be taking you up on the offer. How close do you live to wherever I'll need to be? :D

JP, what is the registration for Power Tour[ing]?
and what is the hotel situation in these cities?

So, just when I think I can no longer be surprised by the system I teach for...
I just got a letter from the Superintendent of Schools, reinstating me... :rolleyes:

So, I'm not sure how my post Carlisle plans are going to change... :frown:

No one would be able to accuse this place of being boring... :D

So, just when I think I can no longer be surprised by the system I teach for...
I just got a letter from the Superintendent of Schools, reinstating me... :rolleyes:

So, I'm not sure how my post Carlisle plans are going to change... :frown:

No one would be able to accuse this place of being boring... :D

I guess my letter saying what a great teacher you are, how you can reach the kids, and how important a music program is worked. :D
Or they could not find anyone dumb enough for the money to take on the responsibility of teaching the music program to the entire school district. :p

I can't get to Carlisle any earlier because the first Friday of June is always field day, and since I've been canned, I've decided that it's going to be the best field day ever... I'm therefore getting to school around 5:30 that morning to put 4400 watts of pure sound goodness on the roof of the building... :D

Cause I'm a big fan of loud, and sometimes little kids need to rock too... :D

So, I just wanna say for the record that Field Day kicked a$$ this year.
Many said it was the best FD ever, it poured all afternoon and it didn't matter... :D

I did a little sound check around 7:30AM at pretty much max power, and people around a 1/2 mile away could hear the music in their homes... :D

Glad to hear you're reinstated, and that the party was a success! I hope you have a safe trip here!!

Back