Getting Ready

Shopping: Complete

South Shore brewery, Ashland, WI
-Nut Brown
-Stout

James Page Brewery, Steven's Point, WI
-Iron Range Amber Lager

Rush River Brewery, River Falls, WI (woo-hoo!)
-Bubble Jack IPA

Viking Brewery, Dallas, WI
-"Viking Horde" (Varitey Pack)

Osaka Blues Brewery, Lyons, CO
-"Old Chubb" Scotch Ale.

New Glarus brewery, New Glarus, WI
-Raspbery Tart. (A Lambic. it's for the ladies!)

Last up, the three growlers!

Fitger's Brewhouse, Duluth Minnesota.
-Big Boat Oatmeal Stout
-Uhm.. "Single." looks like this one will be a surprise.

Mike's own personal brewery, River Falls, WI
-Java Stout (yes folks, I made it myself.)

Stout you say?

Yummy.:D

I picked up some "Mountaineer Beer" for the adventurous in the group.

(Don't ask me, I've never tried it. :p)

Besides that, I believe there's some water, Coke, Mountain Dew, Jack Daniels Lemonade, Rolling Rock and a couple other selections.

We brought that spicy stuff, lol. Sometimes we just have leftovers of things. Hubby has some special fancy beers, but I don't know if he'll bring them. We're running out of room in the 2 cars actually, so I don't know what else he'll be bringing. I'm done shopping. The mexican mix is tecate (yum) and stupid sucky corona's and something else I think. They didn't even have the cases of Stella that I always get.

We are bringing other drinks like water, gatorade and iced tea. And I've got some cheap bourbon, cheap vodka and cheap gin. And chips. Lots of chips.

The beer shop at Carlisle was actually well stocked. Tixers list is well rounded. I am looking forward to the home brewed. I will bring a bottle or 2 from the beer club and will pickup a few at the store. I am aslo looking forward to the Yuengling Lager. Especially since I can't get it out here.

Tixer....are the Goose Island specialty brews widely available in your area. They make a very wide variety of good stuff.

Don't worry about having the worst looking one. I can't wax the spots where the clearcoat is falling off! I'm gonna call it "natural" racing stripes!

Lucky you Matt...stripes....mine are blotches! A blotch tends to be not so aerodynamic.:)

Keith

Last edited:
OK....from the newbie here.....This is sounding more and more like the NASCAR weekends my wife and I attend. When it comes to the beer I am a boring, I will be bringing run of the mill Bud Light...sorry all. (Unless someone has a special request that they would like me to bring.)

Now...too bad my wife wasn't coming, she loves all those beers on the darker/heavier side...in addition for each NASCAR weekend she brings along at a minimum 300 Jello Shots of various flavors. Our gang has no problem finishing them from Friday to Sunday! Maybe I can convince her to make some but it may be too late notice with her work schedule.

As far as Carlisle being dry, even if it was a dry town, looks like that's set to change in less than 72 hours. Not withstanding that PA was the first, (and maybe only), place I have seen drive up liquor stores!!!:eek:

Keith

OK....from the newbie here.....This is sounding more and more like the NASCAR weekends my wife and I attend. When it comes to the beer I am a boring, I will be bringing run of the mill Bud Light...sorry all. (Unless someone has a special request that they would like me to bring.)

Now...too bad my wife wasn't coming, she loves all those beers on the darker/heavier side...in addition for each NASCAR weekend she brings along at a minimum 300 Jello Shots of various flavors. Our gang has no problem finishing them from Friday to Sunday! Maybe I can convince her to make some but it may be too late notice with her work schedule.

Keith

Why isn't your wife coming again? :D and could she make just a few more? :D

I'm not sure 300 would last our crew more then a day... seriously... :D

:D -J

Original Reason she wasnt going is when I said I wanted to go she didnt seem interested. So I asked my Dad, who has been a Ford Man from the begining of time. He even sold for the dealership I still do business with in Stoneham.
The more I have talked about it the more she wanted to go, so next year I am quite sure she will be coming with me! I will try for some Jello but she is crazy with work right now, and she is expected to make the 300 for Loudon the end of June! When we meet I will have to tell you a funny story about when she was making them for our trip to Watkins Glen last year, and the cops came to the house!

Keith

OK just a quick note to tell everyone to drive safe and have a good time at Carlisle and i will be wishing you all the best. :big-grin:

Original Reason she wasnt going is when I said I wanted to go she didnt seem interested. So I asked my Dad, who has been a Ford Man from the begining of time. He even sold for the dealership I still do business with in Stoneham.
The more I have talked about it the more she wanted to go, so next year I am quite sure she will be coming with me! I will try for some Jello but she is crazy with work right now, and she is expected to make the 300 for Loudon the end of June! When we meet I will have to tell you a funny story about when she was making them for our trip to Watkins Glen last year, and the cops came to the house!

Keith

Yes... you WILL have to tell me that story... :D

:D -J

I got new tires the other day... aaand Goodyear put the wheels on backwards. =\ Haven't had time to fix it until today, and they torqued the lugs down so tight that I can't get them off. :(

Back