Thanks

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
Carlisle; the cars, the people, the experience! :cool:

I want to thank ALL of you who participated in the All-Ford Nationals weekend in Carlisle this year.

A special thanks to LeoC2 for setting me up as his replacement for Celebrity Judge after he found he could not make the trip. Thanks Leo! We all did miss you being there this year. ;)

Thanks to Trixie and Beerdog for all the chips and supplies as well as several raffle items. Trixie was also quite helpful manning the tent and otherwise keeping everyone in order. ;)

Thanks to Rene and Brad for raffle items, help at the tent and arrangements for the Friday dinner and Saturday's banquet. :)

Thanks to Tixer and Sarah for all the help at the tent activities and being the early shift with setup and coffee. ;) Thanks to Sarah for helping out with the trophy voting. Thanks to Tixer for the Mark VIII prints. :)

Thanks to the "anonymous donor" for graciously donating the Lincoln Millennium Toasting Flutes by Waterford Crystal for the raffle. Very cool! ;)

Thanks to billcu for the 'props' at the tent and the Mark VIII cutaway illustrations. Go Bill! :cool:

Thanks to Ron Banach and Nancy Dougherty for showing their support year after year. They have such great Lincolns too. :)

Thanks to sleeper for the help at the banquet and the awards presentation and also for showing us not all Mark VIIIs have clearcoat issues. ;)

Thanks to Huggybear and his wife for raffle donations and being such a wonderful couple to be around with. ;)

Thanks to budpytko and Penny for all the hospitality at the tent and the pictures. Great people to meet for the first time. :)

Thanks to Patrick and Trixie for giving us a reason to party. :D

Thanks to BadSax for all the adult refreshments and afterhours entertainment. :D

Thanks to FLM Fan, cadillacman, lead foot, cometman, Bruinzfan, k9t8m, MindyMark and guests for traveling so far just to be part of the experience. You guys/gals all rock! :cool:

A special thanks to Mrs. Driller for all she does to help and for just putting up with my eccentricities. Without her and her "lists", I would've forgotten half the stuff we needed to get done. Thanks to Justin and Jess for coming along and helping out. Poor Jess had to drive the Town Car - don't we all feel for her! LOL!! :D

A special thanks to Nandel Graphics for supplying the logo work on the tee shirts, bags, kozies and calculators. Thanks to Feather's Plaques and Awards for such great work on the trophies. And thanks to my 'purchasing guy' who worked with all the different vendors who donated to the goody bags. :)

If I forgot anyone, just send a PM and I'm sure the Mrs. will be glad to swat me up the side of the head! :eek:

Thank you ALL for coming and we hope to see you again next year!!! :D:D:D

We had so much fun, and I think it gets better every year!

I hope everyone can come back next year, bring more friends and newbies, and try to top 2009 :D

Ditto what JP said, I'm too lazy to specify names, but people helped set up or clean up, or sit at the desk, or get something for me, or whatever to make it a fun, friendly atmosphere. Everyone pitched in to help out when needed, and I also really appreciate all those who answered my yells when I couldn't answer questions (eg, every time someone asked me something). As per usual, I got more birthday well wishes than I could ever hope for, and a lot of hugs and fun and drinking and good times. This seems to be the least stressful Carlisle I've had, and I don't attribute it to the absence of Leo and Steve. ;) Instead, it was due to everyone's contributions (oh, even Mr. Urso helped me unload my car one morning.)

I'm not sure people realize how much Mrs. Driller and the Drill Bits do behind the scenes to get this all prepared for us, to organize and put together those great goody bags (and thanks Penny for helping stuff them with the extra items in the morning!), to have the foresight to figure out without even being active on the message board what we need to have ready, for all the extra packing and unpacking and repacking they do every morning and evening, sitting at the front of the tent to collect dues or provide information -- it's unbelievable just how much the entire Peters' family commits to our enjoyment.

I'm so looking forward to next year's Carlisle, and I hope everyone who was there this year will attend next year, and even more who weren't able to come this year can make it next year.

I want to extend a thanks to all of y'all at the parking garage for the best birthday party I've ever had. (no, seriously, it was!) haha :D And for giving me an excuse to take some time off of work, get out and have some fun for once! First vacation I've taken in, damn, it's gotta be 10 or 11 years now at least...

Agreed on all points above. I wouldn't be able to transport a trophy as large as the Peters family deserves. Your hard work is noticed, and appreciated. Thank you.

For anybody interested in the original files for Bill's "cutaway" drawing of the gen 1, they are available here:
http://www.tixer.net/~bill/

Caution: file sizes are large, downloads will be slow. I believe the one that I actually printed, was "processed 1"

I agree, thanks to everyone! You all did a great job!

All I did was have a file and brought a picture.:D

I think all four of the Drillers deserve trophys.:)

I was wondering if I was going to make that list, I feel like I was barely there! But when I was around I felt like family. And I want to extend special thanks to Trixie and anyone else that kept my mom entertained and comfortable while I was enjoying the show.

Looks like Joe and I will try to return next year. Don't be afraid to volunteer us to help with something!

For anybody interested in the original files for Bill's "cutaway" drawing of the gen 1, they are available here:
http://www.tixer.net/~bill/

Caution: file sizes are large, downloads will be slow. I believe the one that I actually printed, was "processed 1"

"Processed 1" does look just like the poster you printed. Thank you so much for sharing! Now I can print one to hang in our garage :)

Back