Things we learned at Carlisle 2009

Trixie

Staff member
We are not above resorting to bribes and lying to get new members to join.

We may not always be the first to arrive, but we are generally the last to leave (and it's usually because we are forced out).

Just when you think you've used Saxy's tools for all possible purposes, you find new ways to use them.

Luggage cart races may be an event for 2010.

Wedding cakes aren't just for weddings anymore.

Nothing beats a Carlisle Birthday!

And, as always, we really have to have the best members and guests ever! I have so much fun every year, and this year was no exception. Thanks to all who were able to make it out and make my birthday weekend a very special one and for giving me a chance to get to see old friends and meet new ones! :big-grin:

I learned a few things too!

That Sharon is not a great sales person in getting someone to join LOD, but did resort to lies, deception and bribes, non which panned out. What a disappointment! ;)

I think badsax was hitting on me at the Sat night dinner. J/K :cool:

Opening your hood looking at fuses is a good conversation starter, although I still don't have power windows. (might take the door apart tonight)

Dave likes boys (someone has a picture to prove it)

And finally that I should look forward to celebrating my wedding anniversary at Carlisle for many more years. :fart

I learned a few things too!

That Sharon is not a great sales person in getting someone to join LOD, but did resort to lies, deception and bribes, non which panned out. What a disappointment! ;)

Your car did NOT need to be detailed, and I did try. :p Mike and Sarah also perpetuated the lies and deception, I was merely a drunk and tired accomplice.... ?

Your car did NOT need to be detailed, and I did try. :p Mike and Sarah also perpetuated the lies and deception, I was merely a drunk and tired accomplice.... ?

You did try, and you were quick to pull others in as accomplices as well.

But how can a car after 1000 mile road trip not need detailing? I only gave it a quick vacuum and an automatic car wash before the show. Some more senior member of LOD then myself (aka, most likely every LOD member) needs to give me a detail at the next meeting!

I really and truly enjoyed visiting with everyone, and was glad our newbies made it!!

This was my favorite trip yet! :cool:

"needs to give me a detail at the next meeting!"

We have meetings??

We had a great time too.... Me thinks All Trucks is gonna be without the Pytko's in favor of LOD at All-Fords.

Was a little disappointed that I had to start the burnouts after the dinner.....and then no pics!!!!! Oh well, there's always next year!

We had a great time too.... Me thinks All Trucks is gonna be without the Pytko's in favor of LOD at All-Fords.

Was a little disappointed that I had to start the burnouts after the dinner.....and then no pics!!!!! Oh well, there's always next year!

I learned that Bud and Penny are my new favorite people,
but where was I for the burnouts?

:D -J

That would be amazing, because I don't think I've ever been the first to leave anything... :D

I was probably just so late leaving... :D

:D -J

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

After a week to reflect on the Carlisle event... Here's what I learned:

The officers of this club work HARD

The members of this club come in all ages and have one thing in common.. well.. two. They love Lincolns and... they're all nuts.

After 10 minutes with them you feel right at home.

Carlisle is as much about people as it is about cars.

I can't wait to get back!

As a Newbie I had a great time. I know my dad did as well! So much so that he went out and purchased a Lincoln today! Its really nice that the group is so diverse, from location to age, and all come together due to one common interest. I am really looking forward to next year and having my wife join the fun. I have concluded that we will be staying at the hotel next year. I want to join those that park in the streets, drive on the sidewalks, and party on the rooftops of the parking garages!! Bottom line--I want to be where they party animals are!!:D

Keith

Last edited:
Fantastic. The huge piles of cash the US Government is giving the club on the side to promote domestic automobile sales is really paying off!

I'm glad that both you and your father could make it!

So.. what'd he get?
/this thread is worthless without pics
//pics or gtfo
///etc.

Back