Crown Vic

frankjc

Registered
Is there anything worth taking off a crown vic that would be useful on a Mark VIII? I may have access to some.

I had a 2003 Marauder as my daily before I bought the Mark... let me tell you that the interior is CHEAP! The Mark feels a million times more luxurious despite being 5 years older.

If it was a Marauder instead of a CV, mechanicals could be interchangeable... not sure if anything from a CV is worth the taking.

yeah i really didn't see much worth taking. there were a couple that had the deeper transmission pans, but i couldn't take those without making a huge mess. i thought the alternator would be good to have, but they mount differently.

I have a 1998 Crown Vic.... here is what will fit...
1. Oil filter
2. transmission filter
3. Transmission pan
lol I think that is it.

I wish the stock Crown Vic Brakes would bolt on. They are WAY more heavy duty than the Mark VIII POS units.

If it's a '99 (or '97-02) and you happen to be anywhere near our area (detroit to nelson ledges), if you could "loan" one to us until after October 4th that would be appreciated. We'll pay for any parts it's missing when it's returned...

how about the starter? i wonder if i could get it out without raising the car? i might try it tomorrow.

Back