Who threw away a perfectly good 1st Gen?

You know advance auto parts will pull the codes for free and give you a print out. If there are any where you live of course.

Yea, auto parts store places here will do it for free as well, i am not in a big rush and i want him to check a few things out on the lift. My guess it is an O2 sensor or a coil.

MY crown vic qualifies, and it is probably worth 1500-2000 in a private party sale. So i'd be gaining 3000-2500 thanks to the .gov

But I spent lots of time maintaining/caring for the car. And having it's engine seized just makes me cringe. If they parted it out... it would be another story.

The other story is a new car... I have no idea what i'd get and once you figure tax and other costs ... that extra 2500-3000 i'd get is just a spit in the bucket.

Same here, my mark has a lot of good parts and i had it since new, i would hate to see it trashed. I know i could get $2,000 to $2,500, then i have about $500 to $1,000 in spar parts i could sell on e-bay. So it would only be like gettting $1k to $2k from the goverment.
Also I would not be sure what new car i would get that i could aford right now.
After getting the certified pre-owned Acura TL for the wife at the end of last year I am thinking that is a good way to go instead of a new car value wise. So next car would be used.

im tired of my tax dollars going to fund obsamas failed policys. i seen a silver first gen at a hyundai dealer that had ben clunkered. all tghis program is doing is taking away cheap cars for poor people and crushing cars dirt trackers need for cars/parts

That is NOT wicked pissah, kid. Where did you snag this pic, anyways?

By the way, I would NOT trade even a dying Mark in for one of those hideous-looking new Mazda 3s!

3225094804_9a9af5965a.jpg

Back