New Navigator Owner

Joeb6812

Registered
I just recently bought a 2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury. this is the first vehicle I have ever needed a loan for and its pretty sweet. It has 53k miles on it and I got it for a steal in my opinion. What should I be looking out for as far as common problems? I have been a Mark owner for the past 6 years and know them inside and out but the Navigator is a different animal alltogether. It doesnt seem to have any rattles or squeaks so far but its only been a couple of days.

I just did a little research on them and they seem to have their good and bad apples. Air ride is the basic lincoln issue. The moonroof leaks when you park on an incline. The electrical has it's quirks, but the worst one i found is that the spark plugs spit fairly often. That is a pain to fix. lol. I know because one of my marks spit a plug last year. Other than that, they are good for about 120-150,000 miles, and have very nice features. Have fun driving it and post some pics.

Welcome to the Navi' club! :)

Mine is a '99 so I can't help much, but I haven't heard too many horror stories. Good luck! :D

And yes, post pics!

Thank you much everyone. Im just glad I got another Lincoln and not a Marauder like I was shopping for. I will get some pics up as soon as I get it detailed and have the front windows tinted.

Im just glad I got another Lincoln and not a Marauder like I was shopping for.

I know what you mean. That would've been a shame if you ended up with a Marauder. :p

That's how I ended up with a Town Car, shopping for a Marauder. LOL :lolgrin003:

I've had My 03 NAVI for like 1 year and about the only thing that I've done to it besides oil changes was a new alternator.
But ita overrall a really good SUV !!

Sorry I havent been able to post any pics yet but it has been raining non stop for like 2 weeks. I cant wait to be able to go to the beach for the first time, since I live on an island! Anyway, my new Navigator seems to have a slight driveline shake at like 1100 rpms no matter what gear it's in. Im new to having an SUV so I'm not sure if it's normal or if there is something going on. Anyone ever felt this before, or had to fix an issue of this kind? If I give it the slightest bit of throttle it goes away, and if I let off the throttle it goes away as well. Only at a steady throttle of 1100-1200 rpms does it have a little vibration. Its not so bad where I cant drive the truck, but its pretty annoying none the less. Any info would be awesome!

Thanks,
Joe B

Thats a nice looking Navy you got there !!!

Love those rims those are the ones I've been looking for :)

Yes, the bushing can wear. Usually the rear seal will also be leaking.

Speaking of transfer case, I'm not familiar with the later models... is it 2WD/4WD or AWD/4WD?

It has a selectable transfer case. 2wd AWD 4hi and 4lo. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to check the tail shaft but I will have it checked. Thanks.

Yeah, it has 4 positions. I always thought they were awd all the time.

And yes, I also think I should have bought the 97. My girl was on board with that one too. And she hates mark 8's but the kids come first... I guess... LOL! Did you sell it yet? How you been with all the rain in your Corvette? no taking the top off just yet. Maybe in September...

Back