Headlights

WIP95MRK8

Registered
So I have done the 2000 grit wetsand and then got a buffer ball and some plastic x and polished it. It made a big difference BUT the lighting still sucks on my 98. When I checked the bulbs one for the looked like someone had grinded down some of the plastic off a 9005 to make it fit. I think the ballast and parts are gone. Anyone have a picture of what there's looks like and where the ballast is located? If it's gone should I just buy and aftermarket kits? Thanks for the help

Ok so what style bulb is supposed to fit in there? I checked sylvania and it says 9500 HID but I think the harness might have even been swapped. What is the OEM bulb?

stock bulb is an Osram Sylvania 9500 hid bulb. obsolete for a few years now. no one makes a replacement. either you have to go aftermarket hid's and ballasts with adapter rings, buy a used factory hid bulb off ebay for $100 or higher, or buy the new version headlights sylvania made to solve the hid problem, new lenses, look the same, but use a standard incandescent halogen 9006 bulb for a low beam, no more hid's.

stock bulb is an Osram Sylvania 9500 hid bulb. obsolete for a few years now. no one makes a replacement. either you have to go aftermarket hid's and ballasts with adapter rings, buy a used factory hid bulb off ebay for $100 or higher, or buy the new version headlights sylvania made to solve the hid problem, new lenses, look the same, but use a standard incandescent halogen 9006 bulb for a low beam, no more hid's.

In other words, aftermarket HID kit.

Back