Possible Chicago Meet?

Possible Chicago Meet?

• Total voters

Trixie

Staff member
Well, let's pick a date(s) for the Chicago Meet.

I'm putting up a poll, but please specify if you pick another date. Please also feel free to provide suggestions on what to do.

I should have a guest room which I think Tixer and Sarah get first dibs on, a couch which is most likely the property of Sax, but others would be welcome to find a spot to crash or as in the past, people can camp in my backyard.

And should this be a multi-day event as we used to do with going to the lake front or going racing? Unlike years past, I doubt I'll be able to provide everything we need, so I will most likely need people to help contribute to food/drink. And someone to assist in planning/setting up would be great.

EDIT: Multiple choices can be selected. And your vote will show up.

Last edited:
I vote Labor Day weekend, the 6th as we could drive up on the 5th and could return on the 7th presuming we have a 3 day weekend? :)

Labor day weekend, and the weekend prior, I typically participate in the Rollag steam threshing show in way-northwest, MN, making both weekends less-than-ideal for me. Unless, of course, I skip the show this year..

bummer, eh?

Well, we can push this another weekend out into September. Moving it up could be real difficult with the Kid moving.

No vote from me, I'm open for anytime so far.

I need to check the schedule at work and put my request in for a three day weekend though. If I have to, I'll drive out after work.:)

No vote from me, I'm open for anytime so far.

I need to check the schedule at work and put my request in for a three day weekend though. If I have to, I'll drive out after work.:)

I'm with Bill right now... I'm abstaining since I have no job, any weekend will do just fine, however should I happen to go back to teaching, school out here generally starts right after labor day weekend... so could be a little touch and go... :rolleyes:

:D -J

OK. JP, Tixer, I hope you guys can make it somehow. Let's just pick Aug 28-30.

Let's start making plans!

Well, I guess we're going to try to make it. :)

I don't know if we can pull off a 3 day weekend or not, we'll have to see.

Next question is what car to bring. :rolleyes:

I never plan too far ahead, but I will add this to my calendar. :)

Yay! We have to tell Strapp, too. Basically, we need to get the band back together. :cool:

Dean, I really hope you can make it that weekend, too. I bet you'd get a new group drooling on your car. ;)

So Manny, what should we do, do you think? Montrose Harbor or here, or something else? Maybe we can set up something fun for Friday nite for those in early at a bar or strip club or something? Then see what's going on at the various drag strips for those who want to do something on Sunday?

Actually, Burbank, you race a lot. I tend to favor Greatlakes cause it's close to me and I know what to do there, and when I used to go the staging didn't usually take too long. What do you think, or do you know what's going on at any of the tracks on that Sunday?

And people, let me know if enough of you are interested in staying at a hotel, I can try to arrange for discounted rates somewhere (but I'll need info like how many rooms to reserve, what type of hotel, etc.)

I may have some really lame prizes to give away -- free stuff I get, lame, but still, we can do some sort of prize thing for the fun of it.

EDIT: I forgot if I mentioned, but let's say you want to camp here but don't have camping equipment. Apparently we have all kinds of camping stuff in the garage rafters (including tent and sleepin bags) that I don't think we've ever used (thank you Marlboro).

Last edited:
I like Montrose Harbor, but I guess it depends on the group. Bigger group would definitely be better at Montrose. I'll pass on the strip club but a maybe for a bar. Definitely have to make Strapp aware of this.

Now i have to detail my car...... :)

I can't race at Greatlakes as last year after first pass I got warning for going to fast and after second full 1/4 mile pass (11.07 @ 125 mph) I got kicked out.But I can go there and try again (maybe slow down a little) .

There's a speed limit at a drag race????

There are safety equipment requirements dependent upon your ET. I believe at faster than 11.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile requires a safety cage.

I watched on guy get booted from tech because the 5 point harness date was expired.

I've seen guys get warnings in semi-finals for breaking the ET rule and then win the finals and then get booted from the track.

Back