My GPS Data to Carlisle

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
I took my sound level meter with GPS to Carlisle this year.

I logged 1 second time historys and 5 minute measurement historys (and GPS) data, while driving to Carlisle.

Each point shows the A weighted equivalent sound level for the 5 minutes between the GPS points. Except for a few points around 70 dB, the sound levels were mostly from the stereo.

You can see the first hours I was listening to talk radio and the rest, I was jammin'.:D

The second shot was me walking around the grounds Sunday morning. I was taking 1 minute GPS points then. Too bad the cars were not on the field when that sattelite photo was taken.:)

gps1.jpg

gps2.jpg

Nope.

They're not giving the trophy out this year because of the economy.

That doesn't stop me though.:D

That is pretty cool!

Oh, when you come to Chicago can you do a measure on my car? And now the kid's all interested, cause he, too, is a geek.

That is pretty cool!

Oh, when you come to Chicago can you do a measure on my car? And now the kid's all interested, cause he, too, is a geek.

Sure! What do you want to measure?

I've always wanted to compare the differences between the sound of the gen 1 JBL stereo and the gen 2 JBL stereo. Any aftermarket units would be great to compare too.

Some geek talk:D:
I've got a CD with pink noise on it, and I can compare the 1/3 octave (frequency band) levels between cars. That doesn't tell you everything about the sound, but it can be a big part of it.

I'm really not a geek though.
I've just always been interested in sound.

How many geeks collect cars, work on them, and ski?:D

I have my stock stereo for you to check if you want. I want to know how loud my exhaust is. :)

The Kid, however, just loves toys like that and would run around testing everything, so when you get here make sure you tell him all about that stuff, cause he was really interested.

damn, Bill. I didn't know you were an audio guy...

count me in for a stock 2nd gen system too. makes me wish I still had the dual 15" subs in the Town Car. I never did get an SPL on that system. I'm down to a single 10" these days though. Not nearly as exciting.

Man... that was a $hit load of walking Bill... :D

I never even managed to walk up and down the row of Lincolns this year... :rolleyes:
and let's be honest... I've never walked the whole show field...

I think the furthest I walked was that day I had to sneak my car behind the row of MK8s, which was maybe 1/3 the row... once I hit the tent it was beer time...

:D -J

Back