Chicago 2K9 - August 28-30

Chicago 2K9 - August 28-30

• I want to have awards presented

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trixie

Staff member
So, it is time to once again have a BIG Chicago meet!

Seems like we have a lot of interest.

If we do Montrose Harbor on Saturday, I will need help. I assume we can come back to my house to party after that. Remember no alcohol at Montrose harbor, but we have been known to be "discreet" when the need arises. :cool:

We need to make a plan for Friday night for those around, and see what's going on at the tracks on Sunday.

Can someone please help me by contacting Strapp to make sure he's aware of this, and I sent a PM to Sleeper, but if someone talks to him, tell him.

Also, add in comments what you want to do. Closer to the date we'll need a better idea of our total count of people (for food and drink) and we'll see what the club can provide versus what I'll need people to bring.

Also, remember, guests are welcome at my house to either stay inside on a couch/floor, or camp, and people are welcome to fly in for the event (it's been done before).

EDIT: RE: Poll -- pick as many choices as appropriate.

Last edited:
Party at Trixie's Bar and Garage. :D

I have no clue when we will actually arrive, how long we can stay and what car I will bring, but we hope to at least make an appearance Saturday. :cool:

Yay JP. I know it's gonna be tough on you, I really appreciate you making the time to join us if it's possible!

Please vote or post so I can start to get an idea of what to plan.

I called Mark Darrah, he will be attending. :)

I voted for both your house and Montrose. I guess it depends on how many people plan on attending and how cool your neighbors are....... :)

I voted for both your house and Montrose. I guess it depends on how many people plan on attending and how cool your neighbors are....... :)

The neighbors are very cool. I need to invite the guy with the Vette, too. Member when we were fixing Strapp's car in the middle of the night - never got a complaint.

An idea a friend gave me for Friday night is bowling. But I'll still work on other options of cool/fun things to do.

The neighbors are very cool. I need to invite the guy with the Vette, too. Member when we were fixing Strapp's car in the middle of the night - never got a complaint.

I remember we pushed his car down the street before he fired it up, and even then it was so loud you could hear him pulling away from stop lights 15 minutes after he left... :D

:D -J

Joe, call me. I need to figure out when you'll get here. I believe I'm going to need your help again (which yes, will include shopping at Costco). Although, is it actually considered helpful when you cause me to be hungover or drunk most daily so I can't do anything?

Both the wife and I have new jobs this month and she will work weekends, going to have to miss this one :(

OK, so remember the neighbor guy with the loud Vette? I just talked to him to tell him to keep that weekend open. He said his car is quieter now, but he added 40 HP. And he did seem interested in seeing people again.

He also gave me more ideas.

1) Apparently, Rolling Meadows has a car show every Friday night.

2) He mentioned Dave and Busters as a gathering place (his vette club met there)

3) He road races as Road America, said it's a blast, and maybe I can find out more about this. He says he joined with a Mustang club so he could go out and race when they rent the track or something.

So yeah, I'm tending to find out about places near me, but we also have the whole city as an option, I'm just not familiar anymore with anything. (except the Baton Club which I totally want to go to again, but some of you may not really like)

I'm a "not" for the Baton Club......:laugh:

And good to hear the neighbors are cool. Your house is my vote then, that way the hubby doesn't have to worry about moving the grills around.

I'm a "not" for the Baton Club......:laugh:

And good to hear the neighbors are cool. Your house is my vote then, that way the hubby doesn't have to worry about moving the grills around.

Oh, I brought a co-worker guy friend to the Baton Club once for this group thing and he... well, he didn't totally hate it. :fart

Yes, it honestly is easier on us to do it here, plus we've got the 2 frig's, and bathrooms which are marginally cleaner than those at the beach, and then we don't have to worry about tickets for, well, how many tickets have we gotten at Montrose over the years? Hubby took one once for liquor, Shawn got one for expired plates. And if the weather's bad, we do have room in the house. Maybe I should rent a tent or something for the backyard? And anyone who wants to drink and not drive is welcome to stay here. I'm so torn though cause Montrose Harbor was kinda our "thing" and was always fun. But maybe we can find something to do in the city for Friday night.

Road America doesn't look doable from what I can see, but Great Lakes has open racing on Sunday the 30th.

And I will be inviting some of my friends and neighbors; the neighbors cause they're fun and then won't complain about noise and friends who were at the Silly Hat party and have a good time with the LOD crowd.

Any good hotels close by your house, Trixie?

Rene, I'll PM you a link which shows the hotels and how far they are from my house. I'm not sure what type of hotel you are looking for.

Oh, here (I hope) is a list of the 6 closest hotels to me. I don't have experience with any of them though.

1La Quinta Inn-Chicago Arlingtn - 1.24 miles away
1415 W Dundee Rd, Arlington Hts, IL
847-253-8777
Get Directions
2Comfort Inn - 1.45 miles away
1200 N. Frontage Rd, Palatine, IL
Website | 847-392-2100
Get Directions
3Wyndham-Buffalo Grove - 1.5 miles away
900 W Lake Cook Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL
847-215-8883
Get Directions
4Courtyard-Chicago Arlgtn Hts/N - 1.54 miles away
3700 N Wilke Rd, Arlington Hts, IL
Website | 847-394-9999
Get Directions
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Palatine/N Arlngtn Hts - 1.69 miles away
1550 East Dundee Road, Palatine, IL
Website | 877-410-6681
Get Directions
6Motel 6 - 1.78 miles away
1450 E Dundee Rd, Palatine, IL
Website | 847-359-0046
Get Directions

Last edited:
I think we stayed here last year when we were there:

Comfort Inn (IL054)
517 E. Highway 83 , Mundelein, IL, US, 60060 | Phone: (847) 566-5400

I don't think they had a room with a pillar though. :p

It would be cool if we all could stay at the same place.

:p

Well, I'd suggest then the Comfort Inn in Palatine, which is closer to my house, right off 53. The rates appear to be the same.

If there are enough people (I'd say at least 5) I can call them and try to see if I can negotiate a discounted rate. Their "best available" online rate seems to be 80/night.

EDIT: For those looking to save a few bucks, LaQuinta which is very close to me is much cheaper: http://www.lq.com/lq/respath/checkA...earchState=IL&searchRadius=40&searchCategory=

OK, find their site and search Arlington Heights, IL.

Last edited:
Back