HVAC Control Panel Acting Up?

Fife

Registered
My 1994 Mark VIII has a problem with the HVAC involving the control panel on the dash. The display is intermittently going on and off. I believe whatever function is activated (air, blower, etc) is also going on and off when the display does. When the display acts up, it goes from the normal readout, to no readout, to the everything on the display lighting up, and then back to normal. It may do this a couple of times and then quit acting up for a while. This is happening intermittently and frequently. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what do you think the culprit is? I am guessing its the control panel in the dash. What else could it be? Also, what model years will work with my 1994? Thanks for your help, Fife.

Have you removed the EATC unit and checked the wiring connections? I would check that first.

Look for a 95/96 hard button unit from another Mark VIII to replace your current unit if it IS bad.

Make sure it comes from a Mark. Other models LOOK the same, but function differently.

I have one you can have for the price of shipping. It works perfectly, just the button arent pretty. Its out of a 94. The only reason I swapped it is because I found 96 solid button.

Problem Solved!

Problem Solved!

With a little more investigation I was able to determine that the problem with my HVAC system was due to a faulty alternator. The HVAC was the only system affected for a long time. Then my wife stated that the stereo, traction control, ABS system, and HVAC all flashed off and on at once. With that information I began searching this site and quickly found others with the same issue. Almost all were alternator related. I also avoided replacing the alternator with the Mitsubishi unit and opted for the 96-98 Cobra upgrade. I got that from PA Performance. Thanks to all the folks here at LOD, I was able to resolve the issue myself.

Back