My Introduction

96fleetwood

Registered
Hello all, I hope all is well with you and your families!

I just wanted to introduce myself... my name is Elias and I am originally from Virginia Beach, VA. I have been here in Downers Grove, Illinois for almost 2 years now. I am the proud new owner of a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII with 39K miles.

I previously had a 2003 Mercury Marauder as my daily driver but it felt like it was too similar to my Fleetwood... so I began looking for a classy coupe to replace the Marauder since we have no children. I drove everything from C5 Vettes, to Eldorados, to G35 Coupes.. and finally the Mark VIII. The Mark VIII was cheaper than the rest, so it offered me plenty of modification money :D

I purchased this car from Destroyer (Nick) on the forum. I have known him for a couple years now and it just happened he was pondering the idea of selling his Mark... so I jumped on the opportunity; especially after driving several worn out '97-98s in my area.

Currently the car has tinted windows, 1.5 inch drop springs/shocks, and 18 inch chrome Mustang "Bullitt" wheels.

I plan on adding a tune, 4.10 gears, headers, 2.5 inch catback with Magnaflow Ultra SS mufflers, and eventually a supercharger.

My show car is a modified 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood that I have been building since 2005. This winter it is getting a T56 6 speed manual ;)

Here are a few pics of the Mark, Marauder, and Fleetwood:

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

Welcome indeed! Some great looking cars you have there. I always did like the Fleetwoods. Thanks for being brave enough to post that in a Lincoln forum. :)

Nice cars! Welcome. Hubby grew up in Woodridge.

Note that there is a meet coming up in less than 2 weeks at my house in Buffalo Grove. I hope you can join us with one of those great cars!

Thanks! I would love to meet some local enthusiasts... however the meet is the same weekend as the Midwest Cadillac meet.

Welcome to the Lincolns of Distinction!

Beautiful cars!

I worked at the Fisher Body Fleetwood plant for 13 years. Of course, yours wasn't built there, as that plant had been closed for about 10 years in 96.:)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

As for my Fleetwood.. built in Arlington, TX :D

How come your rear tail light trim is chrome and not body colored?

Very good eye! It is not a LSC.. the previous owner put the LSC side trim, grill, and headlight trim.

[/quote]Very good eye! It is not a LSC.. the previous owner put the LSC side trim, grill, and headlight trim.[/QUOTE]

Thats because we are fanatics LOL

Welcome! :)

Nice rides you have there. Your Mark VIII looks like a replica of my Gen1 '96 complete with the wheels. What is the interior and exterior color codes?

Those deep dish wheels on the Fleetwood look great! Even better than the FR500s on my Town Car! LOL :D

Great looking cars. Im glad Im not the only one who has a panther too.

Thanks! I loved the Marauder, but we had three 4 doors... so the Mark VIII fit the bill nicely!

I can't wait to start modding this car a bit! I am sure gears would make a huge improvement... maybe 4.10s?

Welcome to LOD!!!:big-grin: You bagged a nice ride there. Don't tell anyone on here, but i love cadillacs and just about any big body american ride for that matter.:fart Be careful. Mark VIII's are highly addictive.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

As for my Fleetwood.. built in Arlington, TX :D

Very good eye! It is not a LSC.. the previous owner put the LSC side trim, grill, and headlight trim.
Hey Elias. The side trim on the car came from another member here, Jamie. Jamie is a local that parts out Mark VIII's.

Well guys, meet Elias, a friend from a Cadillac forum that bought my wife's Mark. Great guy with a very extensive history of cars and many great stories to to tell. ;)

Back