IMRC plates stuck

steve

With "LOD" Since 1997
So the CE light I got was from the IMRC plates getting stuck. So my mechanic said he reached inside and moved them around manually and he sprayed some stuff to clean them up and they are now moving.

So is it inevitable that I will have to replace them or the controller or maybe after 133k miles and not driving the car at all this year they just got stuck from not being used?

On a side note I wanted the trans fluid changed, it has been over 6 years and over 60k miles. I last used Amsoil, he said the fluid was clean as could be; he also dropped to pan to replace the filter and no metal, very clean.

The brakes were also on for 7+ years now and the fronts needed to be replaced. I got performance pads and rotors from summit, I think they were life time but I doubt I can find my receipt right now, they don’t even sell these pads anymore.

I hear "seafoam" may help with that, then again ppl claim it does wonders no matter where you put it. At $7 a can it shouldn't hurt.

I switched all my cars over to Shell fuel. Gained 2 mpg avg from 18.5 to 20.8mpg on the minivan computer my last trip, and all three cars run smoother on this stuff. The Mark and the SL run on 93 octane, and I noticed much overall improvement in the way the SL runs over using BP 93 fuel. Took a couple tanks to really notice the difference, but whatever Shell uses in the fuel as a cleaning agent works wonders. Not sure if it will help the imrc's, but it works very well in my cars. :)

I switched all my cars over to Shell fuel. Gained 2 mpg avg from 18.5 to 20.8mpg on the minivan computer my last trip, and all three cars run smoother on this stuff. The Mark and the SL run on 93 octane, and I noticed much overall improvement in the way the SL runs over using BP 93 fuel. Took a couple tanks to really notice the difference, but whatever Shell uses in the fuel as a cleaning agent works wonders. Not sure if it will help the imrc's, but it works very well in my cars. :)

It's never in contact with the IMRCs, so probably won't help there.

Mike, you should see the way BP makes their fuel, it no wonder your car didn't run so good. The workers don't even wash their hands so they fowl the fuel. LOL

Seriously all I put in either of my Mark Vlll's is SUNOCO 94 Octane. Over the years and all the driving I've done I found that my cars always ran better with running the premium fuels, and if Sunoco wasn't around my next choice would be Shell or AMOCO.

I also have found that a dose of Seafoam in the gas tank every six months has seemed to be beneficial with helping keep the IMRC's loose.

Last edited:
I also have found that a dose of Seafoam in the gas tank every six months has seemed to be beneficial with helping keep the IMRC's loose.

I've found that frequent burnouts with at least 5000 rpms keeps the IMRCs loose. :D

Mike, you should see the way BP makes their fuel, it no wonder your car didn't run so good. The workers don't even wash their hands so they fowl the fuel. LOL

Seriously all I put in either of my Mark Vlll's is SUNOCO 94 Octane. Over the years and all the driving I've done I found that my cars always ran better with running the premium fuels, and if Sunoco wasn't around my next choice would be Shell or AMOCO.

lol Charlie :) I might have to try the Sunoco 94 in The Mark. The problem is, finding a Sunoco here in Georgia. Up the street from me a couple miles, they just converted a old run down Phillips 66 station over to a new looking Sunoco. I think it is the first one I have seen around here. Not sure if they sell 94 though... :)

Sorry Wayne I meant to say Seafoam in the tank and also a little thru the Vaccume line from the PVC . Driller's idea is probably the best though.

Driller's idea is probably the best though.

LOL, you know me too well!

IMG_0621.jpg

No, that's not Seafoam. :D

So went to inspection and every thing passed, good for 2 years. Been putting some miles on it no more CE light and filled up with some fresh gas. I guess I will keep it for a few more years. :D

Back