Time for E85

KStromberg

VIII looking for 8s
Well, I've decided I am going to pull the trigger on this and start gathering parts together to put Big Red on E85. I have a multi-bank SCT chip so my idea is to have it tuned for regular pump gas and a separate tune for E85.

Quite frankly, I need to be spoon fed and I don't even know if this is even necessarily the best place to ask since I really don't know of too many other Mark8s that are on E85. I have figured out what pump I need but I really don't know where to look for injectors but I think I need 80# injectors? I basically at this point just have a mash of ideas in my head from 3 separate people in the community on where to start. One guy told me a single 465 pump will be sufficient with -6 line. One guy said I need teflon coated line. The other guy said I need 80# injectors.

So at this point all I know is I need -6 teflon line, a single 465 pump, and 80# injectors. If anyone can point me in the right direction on where to get what I need I would appreciate it. I was also told an Aeromotive regulator, filter, and I either need a new pump hat or re-do my basket setup in the tank.

So yeah, basically I'm clueless. BUT I have money to buy parts and I can pay someone who is not clueless like me to put it in. :eek:

I have one goal. I want to push the limits of the stock block and go as fast as I can in the 1/4 mile ON STOCK BLOCK. This is a challenge that I want to have fun with.

Back