Best fix yet

soclose

Registered
Within the next couple of weeks, I get a new looking front end. Got the oil changed and after a couple of short trips, the 'oil low' light came on. Since I was in the area I returned to Ford garage and got another quart added. Seems the oil changer didn't know the Mark takes 6 qts. Making my way toward the shop on the dealer lot, going about 5 mph, BAM. Got run into by a salesman backing out to the right while he was looking left. Scuffed up right side front, pushed the headlight back a little, bent the chrome grille and cracked the license plate surround. Fortunately they have an on site body shop and the estimator found more than I initially saw. So now I get the bumper cover repainted (which I planned on doing in the spring) and am having them install (after repainting) a black grille. They're not sure if it will need a new headlight (have to pull it apart first) due to bracket damage, so we'll see. It just seemed like the best small accident situation as I don't have to deal with anyone's insurance, the damage was minimal (as in, it could have been way worse) and the body shop guys like my car. Still driving it around but hate that it looks like I ran into something!!

Back