Winterizing The Mark And Other To Do's

mlschultz

Registered
I dropped The Mark off at Aric's last Saturday to get it ready for hibernation.

Change the oil and filter - (Royal Purple 5-30 & Ford Racing filter), drain the oil catch can, check/change the coolant - (75% distilled water, 25% Motorcraft coolant, one bottle Royal Purple Ice) for zero degree protection.

Some other things he is going to do - Smoke check for intercooler coupler leaks. I noticed the intake tube to throttle body coupler has a tear from the t-bolt clamp so that one needs to be replaced for sure. These silicone couplers are 10 years old now - has it been that long already? :eek-large: Then, put it on the dyno and make sure the A/F is still good at WOT, and making decent power still after years of abuse.

He is going to put a estimate together to address the current fuel delivery (Ford GT fuel pump in a butchered up stock Mark VIII basket, KB BAP, and stock lines & rails.

The current fuel delivery is doing it's job - as long as I keep the tank full of fuel to about half tank. He said there are many options out there now as compared to ten years ago. My goal is to eliminate the KB BAP, and be able to drive the car without limitations of how much fuel is in the tank.

Hope all goes well, and look forward to spring :)

Back