Looking for brake suggestions

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
I posted before how I would like the terminator CE to have upgraded brakes. I am thinking of killing two birds with one stone and upgrading the Blue Flame's brakes and donating the current Cobra brake setup to the CE.

Seeking to lighten the rotating and unsprung mass for the drag strip, I have somewhat narrowed down the choices to AeroSpace, Baer, Strange or Wilwood.

First up, AeroSpace Components 4 Piston Pro Street setup:

aerospace.png

Their kit features billet aluminum 4 piston calipers, 11-3/4" diameter, 13/16" vented rotors and billet aluminum rotor hats and brackets with grade 8 hardware.

Next up, the Baer 11" SS4+ Deep Stage Drag Race Brake System:

Baer.jpg

"This system features the S4 4-piston caliper mounted to a 11" 2 piece slot, drill, zinc plated rotor. The SS4+ is designed just like Baer's larger systems, but in a smaller package for 15" wheels. This is the first drag race system designed specifically for heavy, fast cars that might see street use. Rotors are vented, and calipers have dust seals. "

The we have the Strange Engineering Pro Series 2:

Strange.jpg

Like the others, their HD kit is a 4 piston billet aluminum caliper and billet aluminum mounts. The rotor is a 2 piece slotted steel 11-1/4" diameter rotor.

Finally the Wilwood Dynapro Radial Front Drag Brake Kit:

wilwood.jpg

"NDPR forged billet, radial mount four piston calipers are used in this select group of drag racing kits. Specially designed radial caliper mount brackets bolt directly to the OE caliper mount, and provide secure and accurate mounting for the NDPR caliper. Kits with .81” rotors should be used on cars over 2,800 pound cars, or lighter cars running extreme speeds desiring increased rotor durability."

The Wilwood rotors are 11-3/4" diameter.

I already have SS braided brake lines but may need to get new lines depending upon which brake kit I decide to go with. I'm confident any of the above will be much lighter than what is currently on the car and should help performance at the track.

Back