2010 SS Camaro

There was a 2010 SS Camaro at the PINKS ALL OUT event in Bakersfield last weekend.
it clicked off a couple high-12 second passes.

it was two-tone silver/gray.
Nice looking car.

The day a new SS wants to play with a LS3...I say let him. Nothing like getting an attitude adjustment from your older(better looking) brother.

The guys that had the two-tone SS at PINKS had a 69 Camaro with the same "rallye" treatment(stripes).
They pulled up to the line together, and it was kinda cool to watch.

The New camaro doesn't do much for me...I dont care for the arse-end...you'd think GM would want to back end to look fantastic if that's what they wanted the competition to see...i guess they dont plan to show their tail lights to too many people.

But hey...it IS finally nice to see "the big 3" back at it with similar cars again...but GM is about 4 years too late.

In all seriousness, as far as comparing the new Mustang with the new Camaro SS and the Challenger R/T...I prefer the retro looks of the Mopar.
personal preference.

Pics:

http://public.fotki.com/1320Sherloc.../sept-12-2009-vol-4-/pinks09famosojd5341.html

Even sweeter than the SHO! You know some good people, Charlie. Hope you can bring them along to some meets. :D

Just another member of the "FOG Car Club". Today I had lunch with some friends and one of them brought his1967 Corvette with a 427 and 4 speed. He is the original owner of the car. He bought it right after he finished GMI in 1967. He was so pressed for cash at that time that he ordered it without a radio. It still does not have one. He told me that he has learned that there were only 22 Corvettes sold that year that had no radios installed in them, It was too bad that FLIP wasn't with me, but I will try and catch up with my friend again before the snow flies.

Nice. If Lazy-Jay would ever get on here anymore, he could rave on and on about his pop's '67 Tri-Power L88 Vette. I'd love to see that car and your buddy's SS go at it! :D

While GM is 4 years too late they also have the best value (performance) out of all 3.

I personally prefer the re-badged old E class errr Challenger. But it is a stinking pig at 4000lbs and it is HUGE, like a 13/10 scale version of the original.

Mustang is just too slow... but with the new 5.0 when it finally gets here it should have some awesome firepower. But boy they brought back sequential tail lights, if that isn't pure awesomeness i don't know what is.

I agree about the Challenger and 'Stang. The Challenger to me is just too obese to be as much fun as the others. Not to mention a ton more expensive to be up to their level. And while the Mustang is currently underpowered compared to the others, it is still the most balanced and best-handling, even with its "iron girder" of an axle. Even more fun to drive quickly down a twisty road to some than the SS is. I say you can't lose with any of these. :D

chalsrt8_oldnew.jpg

I hate to say it but I like the look of the Chevy. Very nice looking car. Just get rid of the bowtie on the grill.

Last edited:
I have made a mental note to myself that if I win the lottery I am going to but one of each as they all look neat to me and I really think it's great that the marketing guys have delivered some fun driving cars again.
I just love this new age of "Horsepower Wars" and "Global Warming". No more winters around the Great Lakes, and the return of the Muscle cars, what a beautiful thing !!

Last edited:
I have made a mental note to myself that if I win the lottery I am going to but one of each as they all look neat to me and I really think it's great that the marketing guys have delivered some fun driving cars again.
I just love this new age of "Horsepower Wars" and "Global Warming". No more winters around the Great Lakes, and the return of the Muscle cars, what a beautiful thing !!

I say just like the end of the 60s this age of Horsepower Wars is also comming to an end, so get them while you can. :(

The next generation of NA V6's going into the Mustangs are going to be 300HP, and the V8 substantially more to keep up with the market so let's enjoy!

Back