I'm here thanks to Jeremi (Mad1stGen)!

tbirddmnd

Registered
Greetings to all you great Lincoln owners! I finally made it, been wanting a 2nd Gen Mark LSC for a couple of years and I now have one, thanks to Jeremi and his "Mark VIIIs R Us"! I also know rtalber1 with his '98 Cordovan CE and jbird97 (Jake) with his black 98 LSC (where can I get a set of Cobra Rs??). Jeremi sold me his very nice 1997 Mark VIII LSC, Toreador Red with Light Prairie Tan interior. Its rides like a dream and is such a pleasure to drive. I have to thank Rob for letting me know about it in the first place!

I'm also a member of TCCOA.com, I own a 1997 Thunderbird Limited Edition, Laser Red with the gray stripes, Limited Edition badges and embroidered floor mats. It has just over 155,500 miles but after I had the intake manifold changed over it started to burn coolant and oil. I'm keeping it for the winter so I don't drive the LSC in the snow and tons of highly corrosive road salt they use so much of here in Michigan. I have to get the TBird looked at, Jeremi offered to help me with it and perhaps next spring I'll take him up on it!

I make custom hoodliners for cars from aircraft firewall material, more info is in my signature. I'll be putting one on my LSC very soon, with a large Lincoln logo. Jake has one of mine on his LSC - it looks great!

Ah yes, pics! Click to enlarge, and be careful with the adult ads that show up with this damned Imagevenue:

All the pics are courtesy of Jeremi (Mad1stGen). There are some more in the Member's Rides section with 3 of them all together a few weeks before he sold it to me.

Welcome to the club,and i would like to maybe order a hood liner for my Mark its a show car and i have been trying to find someone who can make me one,send me a PM with details

Hi Rob! Look for me, I'll be WB Warren Ave at Inkster Rd at 6:08 ~ 6:10!

Thanks imtbear69, PM coming soon! I'd love to make a liner for your Mark!!

Hi Jake! Thanks! How about a mini-meet somewhere? Remember how I told you my wife wanted me to get a Mark? Took a while but I got it! You have my cell number bro, make it ring!

I just created a thread down in the wheels/tires section about putting Lincoln LS wheels on the Mark - it has pics.

Thanks whiplash15! Glad to be here....finally!

Welcome! Jeremi really keeps people stocked in Marks. ;)

Also interested in a hood liner, but probably not right now.

How bout more than a mini-meet - join us in Chicago in a week and a half! All the cool kids will be here. ;)

Welcome Gonzo!

I was sorry to see Jeremi sell that Mark VIII but, I'm always sorry to see them go. Well, maybe not with my CE. :D

Join us in Chicago, and after that, we'll have to have a Southeast Michigan meet. Our numbers are growing very fast around here.:)

Hi Trixie, driller, billcu and MICAH, thanks for the welcome!

Been reading and learning through some of the old threads. One extremely minor "problem" I've encountered so far is when the radio or CD player is playing and I go over some bumps or roughness in the roads - the speakers make a clicking sound, sounds like clicks and pops from a record, or a scratch as a turntable needle goes over it. Would that be the amp? I'd like to upgrade to an aftermarket head unit, I'm a Sony MiniDisc fan, but if not I can live with the stocker tape head unit although I don't use tapes anymore. All I would need to locate is some sort of "sleeve" to put in the opening like I did with the wife's '01 Windstar but I can't remember where I got it.

Please let me know when you'd like hoodliners - I'll be doing these for quite a while (the rest of my life). I'd be glad and honored to help you! I'm planning on doing mine this evening/tonight with a plain silver Lincoln logo, and will post up pics when I have them. Unless I get side-tracked!

ADDED: Got a sweet tooth? Like cakes? When you visit my blog page on the left you'll see a blog list. The entry for "Kids Cakes by Nikki" is my 10 year old daughter Nicole. She's got a little "business" making cakes, breads, etc for anyone in the Westland/Wayne/Canton areas, or even southeast Michigan! She does them all and they're really good! Give it a visit!

Last edited:
Bringing her up to be a good Republican, eh? It's great that she is getting the experience of being an entrepreneur. Learning the value of a dollar at her age is really a good thing.

And the sales experience doesn't hurt either!

Just don't try to sell the cakes in a park in NYC. The parks department there gave a 10 year girl old a ticket for setting up a lemonade stand with out a permit. :rolleyes:

Gracias guys! Bud - a Republican AND a Catholic! Altar server too, and we're good friends with our pastor - he comes over for dinner often!

Yep, the car is every bit as great as I thought it would be. What took me so long to get one?

Permit for a lemonade stand? Ah yes, the Sabrett cart guys are crying foul when she showed up! Can't find Sabretts here or a decent pizza - it's all these lousy pizza chains and I'd rather have the "mom and pop" Italian pizza places like back home in Jersey, through Philly and in NYC and the northeast.

Gracias guys! Bud - a Republican AND a Catholic! Altar server too, and we're good friends with our pastor - he comes over for dinner often!

Yep, the car is every bit as great as I thought it would be. What took me so long to get one?

Permit for a lemonade stand? Ah yes, the Sabrett cart guys are crying foul when she showed up! Can't find Sabretts here or a decent pizza - it's all these lousy pizza chains and I'd rather have the "mom and pop" Italian pizza places like back home in Jersey, through Philly and in NYC and the northeast.

I bet you can't fine a good bagel as well :D

Nice looking Mark, and welcome to the club.

Check out photobucket as a good place to host your pics....unless so of the guys on here are looking for more adult material. :)

Back