Looking for Shocks

scotty96lsc

Registered
Anyone have or can recommend a good place to buy some rear shocks? Stock shocks or the like is what I'm looking for.

factory mark VIII shocks are expensive, just go to autozone and buy some monroe sensa-tracs for a 95-97 thunderbird, a whole lot cheaper!!!!

I had Monroe front struts on my car and Gabriel rear shocks and they are both junk.Currently I have KYB GR2 in the front and bilsteins from 03 cobra in the back and I am very happy with them.

Yea but so are sensa craps. They never last more than 40-50k miles.

I would suggest a premium aftermarket brand, like Bilstein.

You'll pay more, but you'll more than get your money's worth out of them with extended mileage and performance.

Poop, I just wanted to shock you. But apparently that's not what you're looking for. :(

Poop, I just wanted to shock you. But apparently that's not what you're looking for. :(

Well I coined the term sensa-craps and it caught on :)

On a more serious note. The billsteins are great shocks but may be too hard for some.

I switched the crown vic from the sensa craps to KYB gas-adjust and they have been very good in the last 25-30k miles but it is still a little early to tell.

Yea but so are sensa craps. They never last more than 40-50k miles.

yeah but 35 bucks for 40-50k miles are you nuts?? the stock mark VIII shocks are about $160 EACH and they are crap too, so would you rather spend $35 bucks for crap, or $320 bucks? its a shock man, not a rolex!

yeah but 35 bucks for 40-50k miles are you nuts?? the stock mark VIII shocks are about $160 EACH and they are crap too, so would you rather spend $35 bucks for crap, or $320 bucks? its a shock man, not a rolex!

Well as I said, i'd go with anything but sensacrap. OEM is too expensive but not crap, they last over 100k miles.

They KYBs I bought were $80 for 2. You get what you paid for ;).

well i go with cheap shocks since you cant afford all the other things that go wrong with a mark VIII, might as well put cheaper shocks on the back and try to use some left over money for 6 million other problems!

Back