Run 10.93 @ 125 Mph on Drag Radials.

Burbank 98 LSC

Registered
Finally made it to the Race Track on my new wheel,tire setup.
Weather was nice Yesterday so we went to Us41 to test My new Tires,Wheels and rear, front shocks.
My first run was nothing but wheel spin as the track was not prepped very good.
My second run I did long burnout and I was finally able to hook from idle and run 10.98 @ 124 mph.
My third run I also did long burnout but I launched from 3k rpm and my 60" improved(1.57) and the car run 10.93 @ 125.23 mph.
My forth run I launched from 3500-3800 rpm and the car hooked(It felt like someone rear ended me) and the car took off like crazy but a couple of seconds later I hear big boom under my hood and the car died. I shifted to neutral and tried to start the car while the car was still rolling down the track but nothing,car didn't start so I stopped the car and opened the hood and I was ready for the worst, but it was only Supercharger Discharge tube blown away from the throttle body.The good think I had flat screw driver in my center console and i was able to reinstall the coupler and drive away on my own from the race track and back home(60 miles from race track).I think the forth pass would be 10.8 or even 10.7 as the car felt very strong and my 60" was killer too but I am still happy to run 10's and very happy how the car rides with new shocks,struts.Before I go to race track again I will install T-Bolt clamps on my discharge tube so everything should be good next time and hopefully the weather will be cooler too.

here is the time slips.

Nice times. Post where you end up getting those t-bolt clamps. Summit only has them up to 4". I go to the hardware store and they have no idea what I am talking about.

What was the 60' time on the fourth run? That's awesome that your in the 10s now. Don't you have to have a cage now?

Getting a heavy car like the Mark VIII into the 10s is quite an accomplishment, congrats. What are you pushing, something like 600+ RWHP?

Very impressive. That's the first 'streetable' 10 second Mark VIII I've known of. Congrats! :)

Whooo Hooo!

Whooo Hooo!

Sweet! Congrats on that accomplishment!. I never thought that a Mark was capable of 10s. That is too cool. There such heavy gunboats which makes it that much cooler to say it does it. :cool::cool::cool:
I got most of my uppers all in T bolt clamps, and some of the bottom piping still has the hose clamps that came with the kit. Are you running a bypass setup or a blowoff valve like the turbo guys?
l have to get to them if boost is a problem. What are you pushing for boost now BTW.?
Congrats.....I def wanna check that vid out, but dont dare try to download it on this sissy laptop with air card. lol I'll wait till i get to a cable connection or at work.

Sweet! Congrats on that accomplishment!. I never thought that a Mark was capable of 10s. That is too cool. There such heavy gunboats which makes it that much cooler to say it does it. :cool::cool::cool:
I got most of my uppers all in T bolt clamps, and some of the bottom piping still has the hose clamps that came with the kit. Are you running a bypass setup or a blowoff valve like the turbo guys?
l have to get to them if boost is a problem. What are you pushing for boost now BTW.?
Congrats.....I def wanna check that vid out, but dont dare try to download it on this sissy laptop with air card. lol I'll wait till i get to a cable connection or at work.

I have a bypass valve little bigger then stock Vortech but it is still using 1" outlet and inlet just like stock Vortech but this winter I am upgrading to bigger Bypass,Maf,Injectors,fuel pump and I will switch to smaller blower pulley.Currently my Max boost is 11.9 psi with 3.2" pulley but I Have 2.75" 8 rib pulley In my garage but currently I can't install it as my car is running out of fuel at over 6700 rpm.

Back