Headlight Repair Again

Joeb6812

Registered
I'm looking for the link to the headlight reapir that fixes the fading on the outside of the lenses of a gen 2. I know it has been posted a million times but when I searched for it and found a couple, they send me to a site that tries to sell new lights and stuff. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? If anyone could send me the link (the one that works) it would be appreciated. I'm at the point where I cannot even see the road anymore. Maybe I need an eye exam. LOL! ;)

just wet sand the lenses with real fine paper then buff them with a good quality plastic polish, i prefer mothers chrome polish, its killer on plastic!

Looks like he removed the plastic lense and painted (blacked out) the INSIDE , NOT the lense. The walls around where the bulbs plug in.....

just wet sand the lenses with real fine paper then buff them with a good quality plastic polish, i prefer mothers chrome polish, its killer on plastic!

Ok, thanks. I will try the chrome polish with a buffing machine. How fine should the paper be?

i tried some of that blue abbrasive wax and 2000 grit sand didnt seem to do much good, im trying to find a new style replacement to fit a 93 for some HIDs, anyone know a good site to get those? right now im just driving around with the high beams on, and for some reason..nobody seems to mind that

after more searching i still cant find HID kits for the Gen1, i really want that crystal clear glass, and some super bright lights, the type that are stock in most Infinity's.
i really dont like the "yellow" looking headlights, i want some slight blues

sapper i restore 1st gen headlights to like brand new condition, i have been doing it for a few years now this is what i typically start with..
headlightrestore013.jpg

headlightrestore023.jpg

headlightrestore009.jpg

headlightrestore059.jpg

9005 based 6000K HID kit installed

headlightrestore076.jpg

headlightrestore079.jpg

ok so you said youve done a few, im guessing this is your buisiness?? how much would you charge to clean mine up like that..but beware.. im also ex-army ranger, meaning i have a VERY accute attention to detail
if you dont want to do mine, could you at least tell me how you got that clear lens off of the bulb housing body as seen in pictute 2 and 3
i see the high speed buffer on the floor, so at least i know that much of the trick. :D
do you sell the HID kits or do i need to order those from somewhere?

Last edited:
ok so you said youve done a few, im guessing this is your buisiness?? how much would you charge to clean mine up like that..but beware.. im also ex-army ranger, meaning i have a VERY accute attention to detail
if you dont want to do mine, could you at least tell me how you got that clear lens off of the bulb housing body as seen in pictute 2 and 3
i see the high speed buffer on the floor, so at least i know that much of the trick. :D
do you sell the HID kits or do i need to order those from somewhere?

The aftermarket kits on eBay work in all vehicles. Find the cheapest kit from a seller with a good feedback score. Should be around $50.

i'll do anyones headlights military or not!!! a headlight is a headlight reguardless of who sits behind them! i charge $100 dollars per pair, plus whatever it costs you to ship them to me, add that to the total. my headlights are all over the states, i have done many of these, i have 4 pairs in my shop right now all getting done for customers, all for 93-96 mark VIII's, this isnt all i do, its one of many things i do! i own these cars too so i know what its like to drive with these lights, after i work my magic and you install hid's you'll want to go for rides at night just for the hell of it lol!!

I plan on sending you some sets also Jamie that are almost new that already have the reflective chrome starting to burn (4 hrs or less usage).

if you have 2nd gen housings that have screwed up chrome inside its alot more work for me to take them apart, if all thats wrong with your 2nd gen housings is the lenses are yellow or hazy i can fix that easy but you could too, so spending $100 to have me do what you could try yourself might not be the right move, if you can use sandpaper and a buffer you can fix them.

You don't really even NEED a buffer...electric (or battery) powered drill will work...with a buffing wheel. That's what I used.

Back