6 speed

Tremec 6 speed install in work. Has anyone done this before. 98 mark. I'm using the clutch pedal assy. from a supercoupe. having the drive shaft mfg. we used the existing trans support. Everything seems fine so far. Shifter location is falling right in the sweet spot. I'll have pics. later and note any severe problems. We may have a PCM harness made and move the PCM behind the rear seat. That will be much less work than spliceing all of the wireing. Most clearance problems have been minor so far. I also plan on building a forged engine and adding Twin turbos to the shark. More to follow.

Spec clutch&flywheel, GT500 tremec, GT500 short throw shifter, Mustang shifter boot, Fordracing shifter handle, Custom 05 mustang style 4" driveshaft. We think that we may be able to use the original pcm location. Should be on the road soon.

OK, thanks. So the shifter really just happened to lie exactly where it needs to be? :)

Yep we took measurements prior to selecting the trans. The .50 6th gear was another as Iv'e got a ford racing pumpkin with 373s in it. We did have to mount the shifter on top of the driveshaft tunnel to clear the driveshaft however. Slight triming was required.

Last edited:
That is most excellent. :D Was there much price difference between a TR6060 and a T-56, before any customization comes into the picture? I can imagine what a .50 6th gear will do both for cruising MPG plus potential top speed/acceleration when mated to 3.73 or 4.10 gears!! :D

That is most excellent. :D Was there much price difference between a TR6060 and a T-56, before any customization comes into the picture? I can imagine what a .50 6th gear will do both for cruising MPG plus potential top speed/acceleration when mated to 3.73 or 4.10 gears!! :D

Actualy the 6060 is the less expensive. Plus the shifter location eliminates a lot of pain. We are getting the tuner from SCT so should have it setup and on the road very soon now.

Actualy the 6060 is the less expensive. Plus the shifter location eliminates a lot of pain. We are getting the tuner from SCT so should have it setup and on the road very soon now.
Calvin&Hobbes.png_thumb.jpg

Back