Intermittent starts

MarkIT98

Registered
I have a 1998 Lincoln MK VIII which has intermittent starting issues. It turns over strong but will not start. Occasionally I will get a data error/eng temp error on on the display, while the green alarm light flashes. I changed out the camshaft sensor and the fuel pressure regulator. The dealer replaced the fuel pump driver module and the fuel pump/sender. It has been a week and the problem has returned. The battery voltage is strong. Please advise.

Also before you spend ANY money...have the codes read. Just because you don't have a CEL doesn't mean there aren't any codes. AutoZone will do it free.... course, ya gotta get it there first!

I replaced the spark plugs when I changed out the fuel pressure regulator. I will replace the crankshaft sensor on Wed. I will probally have Ford load the latest software to the PCM when I am done. Hopefully it is not the Passive Anti-Theft (PAT) system.

My PATS system is the cause of the error. I need two parts F7LZ-15607-AC (PATS ANT) &
F7LZ-13C788-AP (SCIL). Can anyone assist me in locating these items? Ford no longer supplies them. My Mark is in great condition otherwise.

My PATS system is the cause of the error. I need two parts F7LZ-15607-AC (PATS ANT) &
F7LZ-13C788-AP (SCIL). Can anyone assist me in locating these items? Ford no longer supplies them. My Mark is in great condition otherwise.

Make a new post in the parts wanted, there are a few guys here that part our cars out that may be able to help.

Back