Displacement

So how do we keep up with the times? cams? tuning? I mean what all has really changed?
There's got to be enough n aftermarket to make our 4.6's comparable.

Sorry lost all that in the kitchen blender stuff. But can we tune our cars to make the kind of power a modern v8 does and still make the MPG they do?

No...variable valve timing and direct injection are innovations that require an engine to be built from the block up.

That being said, forged internals and a lot of forced induction can bring the 4.6 to 600 hp and beyond...I doubt that those V6's can do that.

Electric cars open another bag of worms. I don't know if I want to be sitting that close to that powerful of an electro-magnetic field. I don't have kids now, but thats not to say I wouldn't like to have them in the future. Just think about what they say about cell phones.

No Phone SeX for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Were talking about stock engine power performance, not I can build one to get this or that. You can modify motors to get lots of horsepower, but I think the point is the newer technology from years of development, they could make this DOHC V8 churn out mucho horsepower now, and your right. Take the Ford GT, that motor was redone from the block up, the only thing they started with was a stock 5.4 casting, then they redesigned the heads, the crank, the pistons, then added a supercharger and got 500 hp and 500 lb/ft of torque. I should know, I worked for Roush on that program for a while and know a bit about the changes they made to those motors. In fact I rode in a prototype NVH car once, it was exciting. Now we all know a little tuning and it can get more than that.

Back