Donations for Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to thank those who have donated so far and am still looking for a few more of you out there(you know who you are) Thanks again

If I hadn't lost my job, sank into foreclosure, and filed for bankruptcy, I might be able to donate...but at least I didn't piss on people's graves.

What's your excuse? Too many donations to the 9/11 bad-humor fund?

Sorry to hear of your foreclosure, job loss, bankruptcy and the obvious attitude problems. Good luck with all that but really, can't spare a buck or two for something you care so much about?. My excuse as why I don't donate? I don't feel it is significant enough. I make and have made donations but I don't know the circumstances here and as I said, it really is an isolated small town thing. Not my small town.

BTW:I did that to whose grave?. I joke about my wedding anniversary which happens to be on 9/11 but I fail to see where and when I said anything else.

Last edited:
Okay,the show was good and we raised alot of money for the Salazar family,so i just wanted to thank those who donated and for have a big hart to help people they did not know.
Have a great day

I was a little disappointed to see the image of a scantily-dressed female on the poster for a car show whose proceeds were to go towards the financial aid of a family in need.

Poor taste, in my opinion.

I think what you are doing trying to help is honorable, though. But asking people to make a donation to an individual's PAY PAL account is not a great idea.

I was a little disappointed to see the image of a scantily-dressed female on the poster for a car show whose proceeds were to go towards the financial aid of a family in need.

I think what you are doing trying to help is honorable, though. But asking people to make a donation to an individual's PAY PAL account is not a great idea.

Reminder: If people think something is inappropriate, please use the alert function. Remember, we follow the ROC of THIS site, and the ROC is posted for everyone to review and follow. If a poster's signature follows the rules of this board, then it is fine.

It is the moderators' job here to monitor this message board, not individuals.

Thank you for your cooperation.

OK #1 I did not create the poster and I agree the girl should not have been on there.

#2 As to forwarding it to my pay pal,It is up to whom ever decides they want to donate if they are comforitable sending it that way,if someone had said where can i send a check to i would have forwarded that info to them,i was only trying to facilitate the process of getting the money to the family as quick as possible,after all they were trying to raise almost 75 grand for funeral expenses.

I apparently misunderstood thinking "the poster" meant the Poster's signature pic as opposed to whatever poster was listed, which I don't remember as it was a while ago I looked at it.

Remember, sex sells.

I apparently misunderstood thinking "the poster" meant the Poster's signature pic as opposed to whatever poster was listed, which I don't remember as it was a while ago I looked at it.

Remember, sex sells.

So true,and if it brings people in to a fund raiser well so be it. I am just glad me and a few others here from LOD pitched in to help out on this tragic event,once again thanks to all that helped.

#2 As to forwarding it to my pay pal,It is up to whom ever decides they want to donate if they are comforitable sending it that way,if someone had said where can i send a check to i would have forwarded that info to them,i was only trying to facilitate the process of getting the money to the family as quick as possible,after all they were trying to raise almost 75 grand for funeral expenses.
The question is whether or not you are trying to scam people into putting money into YOUR PayPal account (other were thinking it, I'll just come out and say it). You have, in the past, mentioned how broke you are and you haven't been a member for that long. Pretty ballsy to even ask. $75k for funeral expenses is way too high.

The question is whether or not you are trying to scam people into putting money into YOUR PayPal account (other were thinking it, I'll just come out and say it). You have, in the past, mentioned how broke you are and you haven't been a member for that long. Pretty ballsy to even ask. $75k for funeral expenses is way too high.

Well I dont scam people and I will leave that at that.75grand was not just for 1 funeral it was for 5,for the 5 kids that got killed and i made that clear that it was for the 5 kids.
And i may not have been a member as long as some people but i have at least tried to associate a lot more then some people have.
Now if anybody feels that I was just trying to scam people then fine,i was only trying to help a family out and if that feels like a scam to anybody then i will remove my profile from the LOD and not renew my membership,which is not what I want cause I value the friends that i have made.

You'll have to learn to be a bit more thick-skinned with those like Destroyer around. ;)

I sent money. I have no doubt it went to the right place. Mike may not have been here that long, but he's a valuable member of our community and pretty clearly the community he lives in also. I'm glad he's here, and I trust him. Sending the money through paypal made it easy for me to make that donation. I'm sure if I'd have asked I could have obtained an address and sent money that way, but Mike, being the caring soul he is, made it easy to help the family in need.

And I'm going to suggest again that people read what I wrote before, in a different context. There is absolutely no reason for any of our members to be harrassed here.

Last edited:
I sent money. I have no doubt it went to the right place. Mike may not have been here that long, but he's a valuable member of our community and pretty clearly the community he lives in also. I'm glad he's here, and I trust him. Sending the money through paypal made it easy for me to make that donation. I'm sure if I'd have asked I could have obtained an address and sent money that way, but Mike, being the caring soul he is, made it easy to help the family in need.

And I'm going to suggest again that people read what I wrote before, in a different context. There is absolutely no reason for any of our members to be harrassed here.

Thank you Sharon that means a lot to me

I was referring to the EVENT POSTER, not his signature, or the individual. It may have been a while ago...but it is on page 1 of this thread.

attachment.php

again, sometimes 'we' take things out of context.

I was making a comment about a "poster" for a fund raiser for a memorial...it was just my opinion.

I don't know why anyone would think I was harrassing a member of this site. Looks to me more like the other two members might be at it a bit though.

Last edited:
I was referring to the EVENT POSTER, not his signature, or the individual. It may have been a while ago...but it is on page 1 of this thread.

attachment.php

again, sometimes 'we' take things out of context.

I was making a comment about a "poster" for a fund raiser for a memorial...it was just my opinion.

I don't know why anyone would think I was harrassing a member of this site. Looks to me more like the other two members might be at it a bit though.

Can this be dropped already? The event is over, the woman is wearing a dress, and I clarified that I misunderstood (and have my reasons for doing so that hopefully only one other person here besides the moderators understand), and that my comment pertains to quite a few other things going on here.

Really, how many people's mother's didn't teach them if they don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back