Newest Club 24 member

Melmark93

Registered
I picked up a third Mark yesterday. In May 08, I found a little old guy here in town,
with a 94 plain white w/ tan interior and 43k miles on the clock. It was in AZ for 2 years
then came to Iowa where it was stored from Oct to May every year and driven a few
hundred miles each summer. Not a spec of rust or faded anything.
Last year he wouldn"t price it, this spring he said $10k (I offered $4K), he put it on
Craig's list for $7k w/ no takers, last week he dropped to $5k (I offered $4500).
Yesterday he called my bluff and said he had a buyer, but would give me first chance.
I didn't want to risk losing a creampuff over $500, so I paid his price. It sounds like
a lot, but in the upper midwest, rust free, unthrashed Marks no longer exist.
One thing is odd - the interior is what I'd call saddle tan, but the upper half of the
dash, a, b & c pillars and above & below the side windows is black. Is this typical of
that color interior?

Mel C.
93 garnet/grey - 19k mi. (Garage Queen)
93 garnet/grey - 76k mi.
94 white/tan - 43k mi.

Congratulations! But to really be in the club, you have to show us a photo of all three Mark VIII's:D

That interior doesn't sound like it came that way, what's the interior color code?

Congrads, glad it didn't get away from you. I wouldn't worry about what you paid for it. Cars that are that well taken care of are hard to come by, and unless you are in the habit of flippin cars every year or two, the extra you feel you paid for it will mean nothing. We all know our cars are undervalued and appreciated.

Hey, give me a break! Title and insurance haven't even been done yet. Pics coming this
weekend.
The paint/interior codes are WK & ZS.
That's a shock, I thought it was plain white. If it's Opalescent, it need a good buffing.
Wheels are chrome 20 spoke directionals - no corrosion, but are terribly dull also.

Mel C.
93 garnet/grey - 19k mi. (Garage Queen)
93 garnet/grey - 76k mi.
94 opalescent/tan - 43k mi.

There is no "Club 24"

there is only "Club 16"

all others are knock-off/copies...

ask Billcu!

ok...J/K...congrats...Most I ever had was 2...my buddy Tommy had 6 at one time...he's down to 4 now.

There is no "Club 24"

there is only "Club 16"

all others are knock-off/copies...

ask Billcu!

ok...J/K...congrats...Most I ever had was 2...my buddy Tommy had 6 at one time...he's down to 4 now.

I did not think you were in the club 16 anymore, or even the knock-off club 8?
FYI there is a nice Gen 1 for sale in Ben Lomond, CA. LOL

I relinquished my presidency of Club 16, and Billcu was automatically handed the keys to the throne...but then he went and bought a CE...

I think there is/should be a rule revision that states "any member in the position of club president shall be exempt from all club rules as soon as they add a CE to the fleet"

But yea...I founded Club 16.
all other numeric-variations of the club are knock-offs. lol

ask Bill!

Me?...I'm out...I am Mark VIII-less.

OK to answer the question about the interior color,mine is the saddle color and yes the pillars and dash top are black so yes it came from the factory that way,hope that helps.

As far as the Club 16 goes, I really haven't broke the rules, as I only have 2 plated now, the green one and the CE. The other plate is on the MG for the summer, it will go on the black one for the winter ,and the red one should be taken apart by then.:D

It's not easy owning more than one Mark VIII, keeping them all clean is hard enough.:)

Back